Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The Extra Mug

Started by Rattis [468374] on in Suggestions.

8 replies · 88 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
10
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
48 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

Rattis [468374]

As we all know mugging can be good, bad or indifferent depending whom you attack or how much money the target has on them. Mugging in RL doesn't always mean the mugger will just take money but if they see other stuff on you you might just lose that too.



I'm suggesting adding a very remote chance to mug something more from your victims. Eg having a 0.00001% chance that you may also mug your target for a random piece of armor they are wearing or a weapon they are using.



This would be a game changer of sorts. Player would be more inclined to unequip everything upon logging out to secure a greater chance of not losing items but at the same time making the weaker as well.


The % value above is just a rough est. of what it could be set at.
-18- [1531198]

This is a cool idea. However it's a little OP.
Imagine the slight chance of getting a gold ak mugged from you. Hilarious but gutting.

Personally I think mugging is OP. I had 14m on hand and got 1.2m mugged from me. Seems ok as it is.

If there was a limit to the price of item that can be mugged, e.g under 5m, no specials or collectibles ect then it would definitely change mugging.
-TheDarkKnight- [760575]

I say no as some people spent real money to buy the items and it stink to lose even more then the cash thats on you mugging already making a 217 mill sale become a 10 mill mug thinks that enough now you get money and items that's unfair for weaker players maybe make it so you can only mug items from inactive players
Rattis [468374]

As ive said having like a 0.00001% is just a rough estimate. I guess you could add a few more 0's in there to lessen the chances but as i've said there is a small remote chance. People can unequip to secure a 0% chance of losing stuff.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

f**k no, those of us with decent gear would be continuously attacked.

I'd be f**king pissed if some twat stole my Gold AK

I can choose not to carry lots of cash, but now I'd have to force myself to unequip the weapon I bought to actually USE?

No. R-
Butters [34298]

Yeah we'd all be lining up for it, then whoever got it would be on the receiving end of spam muggings until it was taken, then rinse and repeat for whoever gets it next and so on.

Your Gold AK would essentially trigger an epic never ending game of hot potato.
Butters [34298]

Actually it might be kinda fun to have a perpetual "king of the hill" or "capture the flag" style contest running along the lines of this idea.