What are stock dividends based on?
1) Individual share price at the time of buying
2)Individual share current market price
3) Total market value of the block
4)Total value of the block at the time of buying
Option 3 and 4 only apply if dividend payouts increase if we have say , double the amount of shares required for a benefit block.
Thanks
I got this doubt while going through my cousins tenth grade maths book :P
I'm not sure with everything, however stacking benefit blocks doesn't increase your benefits. Payouts do depend on how well the stock is doing. Some stocks pay out often and some hardly...even when the stock is doing well it seems. Not sure why that is. You defo get less when the stock is down though.
it's a certain APR of what the stock was worth when the dividends were updated. Generally the dividend is relative to what the benefit block is worth.
TMI ~ 45m a dividend and TCSB ~ 95m per
I continue to be confused
Say the share price was $100 per share when I bought it
and it is now $200 per share
what will the dividend be based on? $100 or $200?
neither.
The formula for dividends isn't based on the current value as far as I know. It was just based around the value when the dividends were introduced (well technically the time they got changed as they started off really OP).
Really? I always thought it was the percentage of the current price of one block
I really don't have a big enough sample to tell exactly.
Dividends are never really worth it, that's for sure.
They are worth it if you have money sitting around doing nothing because it's better than nothing
If you have money lying around it would be better to just invest in stocks when they are low and play the % game ignoring benefits. You'll earn a lot more that way,
Haw du i know when devidends are pay? Du i get event or mail?
mail
Dear kyle8048, It fills me with great pleasure to inform you, your position as a shareholder within 'Torn City Music Industries' entitles you to dividends. Today you have been credited with $45,984,218. I'd like to thank you again for your continued investment within TC Music Industries. Yours Sincerely, Benjamin Palmer.
there is always something to do with your money
I started keeping track of my dividends for the last year or so. I don't understand it either. Tsbc has fluctuated from 68m all the way up to 136m. And when the 136m happened the stock was done from the last one by about $60.
The item ones don't make much sense to me yet either. Fhc will give 6 in 2 weeks then nothin for a month sometimes.
At this point they have all paid for themselves and everything is free now.
Does anyone have a graft of anything for stocks?
I have all the stocks that pay cash tmi has paid out 45 million that's all I got so far
How long have you had them?
had them all for over a year next year ill keep a tally of the divs that it pays
I just looked through 12 pages of the TCSE messages(I save all stock mail for the year) and have revived at least 2 from each...
I have be under the assumption that everyone that has the block is paid at the same time. So this confirms that is definitely not the case.
FHC and PRN seam to pay out the most of all stocks. Although in November HRG was the highest with 6 properties
Wich stocks pay devidends?
Tcsb. Grn. Tcc. Iou. Tmi.
So supposedly, dividends pay 20% of the apr of the stock.
I will keep better track of the dividends I receive vrs the stock itself. I have years of messages but no actually stock data to compare, or the time currently...
It is also claimed that the item stocks pay once a week on average. Which is not true at all.
As far as the frequency of receiving certain benefits like FHC goes , in the long run (say a few years) ,almost all of you would have received one item per week on an average. That is how probability works.
So this means that dividends payout has been (on an average) the same for everyone all the time? Interesting