This would be a toggle option to deposit any money that you get directly to your vault (up to available vault size). Another option would be cashiers checks for market/bazaar sales and RR winnings.
Direct Deposit option?
Started by Everwood [62912] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 11
- Authority score
- 27 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
This would be a toggle option to deposit any money that you get directly to your vault (up to available vault size). Another option would be cashiers checks for market/bazaar sales and RR winnings.
Let's not kill off mugging completely shall we... :o
As above...
Would make it far too 'safe' if you could make sales and winnings go into your vault.
- xx attacked you and stole $9,086,997 2014/12/222:16:43 AM
- xx bought 200 of your points that were on the market for $16,050,000. 2014/12/222:16:42 AM
- xx bought 200 of your points that were on the market for $16,050,000. 2014/12/222:16:40 AM
- xx bought 500 of your points that were on the market for $40,125,000. 2014/12/222:16:39 AM
- xx bought 500 of your points that were on the market for $40,125,000. 2014/12/222:16:37 AM
You might be right about being "too safe" ... but seems something should be done about this. 6 seconds? I know there are a couple ways of protecting ones self, but jumping on a plane or hospitalizing yourself every time you want to sell something seems ridiculous.
put points up in smaller blocks and not in numerous blocks at once... it only takes a tiny bit of common sense to figure out ways to not get mugged as much/ stop being lazy and expect the game to cover for you not using your brain.
I have definitely learned these lessons.. but I certainly don't have the time to sit and try to liquidate at 15 points at a time. I figure most people opposed to this change are the ones enjoying the 10% discount on everything they buy.
noone said put up 15 points at a time.. just takes a smidge of common sense to figure out how to avoid getting mugged.. remember this is a CRIME game, everyone wants everything to be safe now.. got all these whiners who want to run flowers and trade points.. go play candy crush or something if you cant figure out how to protect yourself from a few muggers, or find a better way to make money.
Those blocks of points are massive...
UE.. I have been here for 9.5 years.. I know what the game is about. If your answer to an issue is "go play another game" then we wouldn't have had the growth we've seen. Sorry my "smidge of common sense" is not up to your awesome levels..
I think its kinda like real life. This game is about crime, if your gonna go selling illegal stuff in private stores using cash, you can expect someone to mug you after they buy the product.
Never have liked ideas about removing mugging, not that I do it but it is an important feature in game... [:sick:]
well after 9.5 years your whining bout mugging after its been nerfed to high hell and your upset bout losing a measly 9 million dollars your doing something wrong brah.
edit as you see your idea is well recieved... not
seems everytime someone gets mugged for a few pennies because of their decision the want to make a thread to make everything cashiers checks or direct deposit..
1400 points on the market in one go is risky indeed, going 200 at a time to invest them would be the way to go if you are afraid of muggers.
Nobody.. Yea for sure I screwed up putting 1400 points up at one time.. I tried to get into hospital (even shot myself in RR but mug apparently came a second before). But put that aside, what if it were a 110M coin? Still would be the same situation.
I get you UE.. I totally understand.. brah.. I am not upset over that 9M.. and I am certainly not whining.. I was simply putting out a suggestion for a problem that I see. That is what this forum is for.
Alex I see it as kind of real life as well.. and I use my Amex for everything.. I wouldn't go into Radio Shack.. pay 100$ for something and then rob the place...
You are right Todd.. I don't think mugging should be taken out..
I know my suggestion is not well received.. but the same people that are opposed are the ones mugging or high enough stats to not worry.. so that seems like a skewed representation.
Couple other thoughts..
- 30-60 second delay after money sent to allow money to be put in vault?
- A more immediate signal you are being attacked? (red screen or alert bar "under attack" at top of screen)
Probably lame and whiney ideas.. but as I said.. I see a problem and not sure how.. or if it can even be addressed if at all.
I am not going to win this or change your thoughts on the game.. just wanted to put it out there..
30s rob protection cooldown would probably work, means people would need to sit on torn in order to benefit from the cooldown.