Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scrooge BS

Started by Hot_N_Steamy [243063] on in Graveyard.

77 replies · 326 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 78 / 78 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

kyle8048 [488020]

OP joined the attack over a few seconds giving virtually no time to test anything. He could have been looking at values in the control panel.
Butters [34298]

I'm pretty sure he was joking - let's just ease your finger off that trigger and settle down a bit...

p.s. That's just a tad hypocritical of you for the record given past (and in some cases more recent) form...
kyle8048 [488020]

I LIKE TO SHOUT AT PEOPLE WITH CAPS LOCK ON. LOUD NOISES. INTERNET BAD ASS.

I clearly was playing devils advocate with a bit of humour. OP clearly interrupted a test and has absolutely no right to any prize. Same as when Tez defeated him the other day. Actually even less so than Tez, at least he done it w/o admin help and nerfed hp.
PatBenatar [420347]

Flipping hilarious, you are a great comedian. He is upset and you all were being jerks. What do you expect. He logged off. Good job.
Here is a new concept-compassion look it up. You may even get the meaning.
Butters [34298]

You have seemed rather fond of accusing quite a few players of cheating without anything to back it up whatsoever. Guess you only beat the "shouldn't do it when you don't have anything to back it up" drum when it suits you ehh...

Why you're dragging mental disease into this god knows - nobody gives a shit about "discussions" that have happened in other threads tbh (which is why they've died).

Time for this thread to be graved I suspect.
Unknown_Element [450910]

he is mad cause he joined in on a test . then he got madder when they deleted his posts about item drops while attacking.. that was someting maybe they didnt want to get out and would of been a nice suprise for us.. he knows it wasnt live anyone with any sense could see that.

THERE WAS NO ANNOUNCEMENT.

they should just ban anyone interfering with there tests from joining the actual event.
kyle8048 [488020]

To see if the items for the winners was being sent correctly.

Like I know exactly why they were testing. All I know it the competition wasn't live yet.

You actually think the OP deserved the prizes?
Unknown_Element [450910]

yes there is no rule, but the issue is he wanted to keep the items that dropped when he attacked during a test and then wanted to post it all over the forum when the drops were gonna be a pleasant suprise.. hopefully they just remove all the prizes now and tell everyone to get bent
Butters [34298]

Surely you're not that naive - this looks, smells and tastes like a pretty clear case of a player trying to get something they must have known they shouldn't have been given in the first place here.

Like others have said let's hope the OP's actions (albeit mistaken ones) here haven't ruined things for everyone else. Nobody is faulting the OP for joining in the attack, but there are obviously issues with the OP trying to claim something they shouldn't have received in the first place as being rightfully theirs.
1615348 [1615348]

Im not saying that

ched could of edit his stats joined the fight and win there was no reason to reduce his life if they was testing
Hot_N_Steamy [243063]

Lol, look - I am not sure why this degenerated into a personal attack on me/Styx or whoever.

I was just making a point that I attacked, won items and then had them removed - the whole thing was then attempted to be covered up.

A few good questions have arisen from this, such as why was life reduced, why were stats reduced - ched could have left them high and edited his own/Aurel's.

It doesn't make sense but crikey you lot do like to over-react.

In the meantime, thanks for the can - and to whomever mugged me "lol" you could see I had little cash on hand!
Unknown_Element [450910]

yeah they might have been trying to see what normalish stats might do tho.. none of us are developers for torn.

the fact is the op knew it wasnt a live event and is butthurt that he couldnt keep his goodies, which he didnt deserve.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

You can attack Scrooge all you want, I don't mind. But it's been made very clear that the event does not start until the announcement is posted. If we edit his stats to 10 of each and drop him down to 25k life for testing, sure you can attack him. But if you beat him, it doesn't mean that you've won the entire competition which hasn't started yet?

Are you suggesting, we stop it now and claim you the winner of the event? Or let you keep rewards because you were 'lucky' enough to attack him during the 60 second window while we reduced his stats to that of a level 1?

I just don't understand this thought process...
PatBenatar [420347]

Right or wrong it does not matter, my point is you all don't need to treat people that way. He was upset, and you all crucified him. There is no need to be jerks. Just a sorry, but he was not alive but great job making the hits. But no, you need to feel big and bad so you can feel better about yourself. Bravo.
CatHead [1581564]

I rated down this thread before I'd read it in its entirety.

I really wish that I hadn't now. This thread is f**king funny.

The funniest thing about it are the words "spirit of Christmas" when you're basically demanding something that is clearly unreasonable.
Hot_N_Steamy [243063]

Ched - where did it say this does not start until the announcement is posted? I know for a fact that I am not the only person to attack Scrooge.

Please see my points below, for feedback reasons only. I dont expect an item or even fair play from you, that idea died a long time ago.

A: If they were testing they should have done so on a beta server.
B: If the competition was not running then he should be unattackable (like Hamster)
C: They removed items and deleted events without notification
D: They deleted forum post asking what went on
E: They are "cloudy" at best on when this was due to start "Keep an eye on the announcements forum to get involved!" That does not mean its not live until they say it is
F: I would have hosp'd him had Ched not jumped in
G: Ched attacked after me so I would have had no way of knowing it was a test.
Unknown_Element [450910]

lol we overreact? your the one who blew a gasket cause you couldnt keep your items..

did you ever think maybe they deleted to posts because they didnt want everyone to know about item drops duriing attaking?
did you ever think they editted the stats to see what normal attacks would look like?
did you ever think that since you figured out it was a test that you shouldnt be keeping anything?
did you try my new soothing butthurt ointment for your whinging?