Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scrooge BS

Started by Hot_N_Steamy [243063] on in Graveyard.

77 replies · 326 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 78 / 78 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Butters [34298]

You do understand that any rewards which you may have mistakenly stumbled upon were probably supposed to be kept a secret don't you? No need to put on the tin foil hats and try to claim that you've had something that was rightfully yours taken away as you've done from the first post onwards.

p.s. I've got to point out that this reply is a marked change in tone from that in your previous posts on the subject, which makes you trying to paint other players who were taking what you were posting at face value as "over-reacting" a tad amusing.
Unknown_Element [450910]

what a hypocrite, you go around calling people idiots and other names and now sitting on a soap box of self righteousness? gtfo of here with your hypocrisy.

lol how is it a great job making the hits when as ched said the npc had level 1 stats with 25k life

lol he was upset cause he wanted to keep shit he KNEW he didnt deserve or win fairly.
Hot_N_Steamy [243063]

Not so sure that I was the only one over-reacting, if I can chill after spending some RL time away from TC then I expect others should be able to as well, at the end of the day I felt hard done by, I went away - had some lunch and came back with the thoughts of "its only a game" and yeah, maybe they are right, maybe I jumped the gun but i genuinely believed the comp was active.


Hot_N_Steamy [243063]

But thats kind of the point, I noticed his life drop so assumed the comp was active, Scrooge was also online or had just been online (I forget). Again, this (mistakenly) lead me to believe the comp had started :)
kyle8048 [488020]

No one doubts you thought it had started or the fact you joined the attack. That isn't the issue here.

@Styx Nobody was actually mean to the OP. They all just disagreed with them.
Hot_N_Steamy [243063]

Well, I think they do. They claimed I was trying to exploit a bug. I clearly wasn't. Of course I would like the item from completing the event (in good faith), thats human nature.




Unknown_Element [450910]

ok so you got upset over YOUR mistake then? because you ASSUMED and were wrong?

obviously you found out afterwards that it wasnt live.. and you believe you should of kept all rewards on a event that wasnt live.. just the title of the thread tells us all we need to know... you called it bs.
Hot_N_Steamy [243063]

Ok, who spilt your milk?

23rd December was the day to attack Scrooge and win. "Keep an eye on the announcements forum to get involved!"

Ok, to me or most people with a grasp of English, this might be simply telling new players how to find Scrooge - not that its not live until we are told that it is.

Therefore, I was peeved because I followed the letter of the competition to the word, I completed it, I was rewarded. These rewards were taken without explanation (prior to my asking).



Hot_N_Steamy [243063]

Seriously...I already responded to that. I understand that I'm not getting that item.

Items are:

Scrooge's Gloves
Scrooge's Top-Coat

That was all I got/saw.

I wasn't going to ruin the suprise, but some on here are simply toxic so, sod it. Blame them.
Butters [34298]

All I can say to that is that you have a very unique (and self-serving / hypocritical) way of looking of things when it behooves you to do so.
Butters [34298]

Thanks for that - everybody loves a party pooper... :o

Edit: If there was any degree of toxicity in this thread then it began with the OP I'm afraid and didn't improve any with your subsequent posts on the matter.
kyle8048 [488020]

So say if bb's stats accidentally get nerfed due to some bug and I attack him and mug him for say 2 billion.

I should get to keep that money because I attacked him in good faith?
Unknown_Element [450910]

keep an eye on announcements.. anyone with half a brain can see right at top of forum page is a forum called ANNOUNCEMENTS, in the news letter it said keep an eye on ANNOUNCEMENTS. so if there was no ANNOUNCEMENT in ANNOUNCEMENTS then it wasnt ANNOUNCED.

end of story.