Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Safari

Started by lord [1480425] on in Bugs & Issues.

18 replies · 138 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
lord [1480425]

When I click to take a xanax, it just loads... little dots come up showing it's loading but nothing happens when on safari. Using Chrome it works instantly.
lord [1480425]

Reproduced? Do you mean kept happening?

It's still the same. Doesn't let me take xanax, vic etc..

Operating system is OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

It's not a big deal, it works fine on chrome but thought I'd point it out.
Zoltan [548760]

As an FYI I do get this when travelling / buying things in different countries, I also use Safari based on Mac / iPhone.
Corrion [162976]

I get the same since RESPO. Sometimes, pages won't load on Safari (iMac or iPhone).
Most often is when i try to do crimes, but can happen about anywhere from what I've seen.
Usually page load are instant, but sometimes, as mentioned by Lord, I can only see little dots loading and when I try back, it can work instantly or do it again.

It never happened before RESPO, but keeps happening since RESPO.


Corrion [162976]

Ok, so I've done some testing. It happens when you try to use items or open medical boxes/drug pack ...
It can also happen doing crimes, looking for education can do it too. It does it when browsing forums too.
Does the same when looking at "My Faction" and switching tabs.

And I'm pretty sure it can happen while looking at the Hall of fame, I just couldn't make it bug...

There is also a problem that came with RESPO and Safari.
When playing BlackJack I often get an error and have to reload page, luckily it never made me loose money, but it is annoying.
Can happen when getting back to the bidding page or when you hit/stay.

I don't think anything else weird happens with Safari and RESPO. So maybe that can get you to focus on the system used in above mentioned area to refresh/display pages.

Thank you!


Canary [158259]

this happens to me on my ipad as well. it's usually a problem on safari, but it still happens on chrome. it happens when i try to use items consecutively and when i click too fast. i get around it by clicking "use again" every 3+ seconds instead of immediately. sometimes even that doesnt work and i have to refresh entirely. it does get worse when other tabs are open but the problem persists even when i use just one tab.

it applies to crimes as well. have to wait 3 seconds in between clicks.
the lag really hinders my game play.

hope this gets fixed soon. thanks
critch [507888]

I can confirm it happens when I use my ipad, I know its been posted about a lot before, in fact a number of people now have the dreaded dotted line on their profile and forum sigs, happens to me mostly when doing crimes, also quite often when trying to use drugs, meds, fhcs etc
critch [507888]

Same here, happens constantly when trying to use items such as xanax, fhcs etc and when trying to do crimes, it's getting infuriating now tbh and I can't believe this still hasn't been resolved

it very rarely happens on my android phone and my desktop but happens constantly when using safari on my iPad, I know a lot of people are having the same issues

come on devs, please sort
JRawR [271642]

Yes, daily, constantly. 80% of the time I want to use an item or buy an item from market I'd say it happens.

I had large quantities of items so I put some away in display and this did help a small amount. But the problem is still very much an active one.