I have always found items 250+ and since the Respo update, i've not found a single item at all (6months) i know its random ect, i have done the education course i have used all the merits and its on 10. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
Finding Items
Started by YeOldeRobbo [76221] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 35
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 37 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 80 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- YeOldeRobbo [76221]
· 8 likes ·
i have just found 34 items xD - Sehvekah [111152]
· 7 likes ·
Something else to note, once an item spawns it'll stay on the map till you pick it up. It may change location, however, if it sits there long enough. The most complete search method I've found is to start at … - Butters [34298]
· 7 likes ·
Let me fix / add a few things: - Happiness does not affect item finds and never has afaik (I've never read *anything* to this effect ever). - A glow stick does not help, or at the very least I've …
I have always found items 250+ and since the Respo update, i've not found a single item at all (6months) i know its random ect, i have done the education course i have used all the merits and its on 10. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
Item finds are not completely random but rather you have to physically look for them on the city map. You basically zoom in and scroll around to find items scattered on the map. You can find like 10 at once if you are lucky.
i have just found 34 items xD
Glad you were able to figure it out. New system is a little different, but seems like there are fewer "good" items.
i found about 12 mil worth of items mainly all crap, but better than nothing, there just every inconsistent when finding them. Thanks for everyone's help!
You pick up the Egyptian Amulet
is it normal to find that whit a 0/10 awereness ???
i had a 10/10 awereness but i didnt find anything
Newbie here, only second day. Not finding anything at all.
I have found more items since respo...but of lesser quality
I'm still waiting to find my RPG.
I've found more since respo than I ever have.
Glad you figured out your problem and are finding items now.
You probably haven't done enough clicks in city to get stuff to spawn. Try only clicking things from the city map/quick links from now on, and not the left side of the page. Each click in a hr is suppose to give you the chance to spawn something I think
Something else to note, once an item spawns it'll stay on the map till you pick it up. It may change location, however, if it sits there long enough.
The most complete search method I've found is to start at the top left corner of the map zoomed all the way in, then click down via map arrows till I hit bottom, go three clicks right, go up, three clicks right, go down, and just keep doing that till I end up in the opposite corner. I usually only search once every week or so, but it's been netting me a few items every time I do. I should note I've only got one merit spent on awareness, and the PSY 2680 education bonus.
Also, going four clicks right could work as well, with less trips up/down leading to a quicker search, but I'm not sure that doesn't leave a small gap between the up/down stripes, leading to potential missed items. Three clicks gives a fair bit of overlap, but I can be certain no items are being missed between stripes, hence why I use that method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkahLiE0BsE
There are a lot of things that come into factor when finding items. In this video I just show you how to find items faster (easier) What I didn't mention in the video is that you must first find an item for this to be accomplished. But, once you find an item, you will see items that you must have passed or looked over. I recommend having 2 tabs open for this, one highlighted and one just to pick up the items so you don't lose the special highlight you do in the video. When you come across a highlighted item DO NOT CLICK ON IT ON YOUR MAIN MAP, rather open the city page in a new tab in your browser tab (it will automatically be zoomed into your current location), note where the item is on your "main" (highlighted) map and locate it / pick it up in the second map you have open in the other tab.
-The amount of happinness affects how many items you can find. (The more happy you are, the more you find)
-Having a glow stick is a confirmed item from torn that helps your awareness
-praying everyday/donating can give you (luck) from the diety I guess (idk why but I read that on a lot of forums)
-when your going through torn, click city before you go to the place you are going (more items spawn this way)
-There are drugs that help you find more items. (lsd: massive awareness increase, blah blah blah, other bonuses, blah)
-(read this on forums,. dont know if its true,) Reaching 1k karma (forum likes) you get the ability to one click find all items in city.. I would really like that lol.
Hope this helps watch the video to understand what i mean
There are a lot of things that come into factor when finding items. In this video I just show you how to find items faster (easier) What I didn't mention in the video is that you must first find an item for this to be accomplished. But, once you find an item, you will see items that you must have passed or looked over. I recommend having 2 tabs open for this, one highlighted and one just to pick up the items so you don't lose the special highlight you do in the video. When you come across a highlighted item DO NOT CLICK ON IT ON YOUR MAIN MAP, rather open the city page in a new tab in your browser tab (it will automatically be zoomed into your current location), note where the item is on your "main" (highlighted) map and locate it / pick it up in the second map you have open in the other tab.
-The amount of happinness affects how many items you can find. (The more happy you are, the more you find)
-Having a glow stick is a confirmed item from torn that helps your awareness
-praying everyday/donating can give you (luck) from the diety I guess (idk why but I read that on a lot of forums)
-when your going through torn, click city before you go to the place you are going (more items spawn this way)
-There are drugs that help you find more items. (lsd: massive awareness increase, blah blah blah, other bonuses, blah)
-(read this on forums,. dont know if its true,) Reaching 1k karma (forum likes) you get the ability to one click find all items in city.. I would really like that lol.
Hope this helps watch the video to understand what i mean
Thanks! Slow going in this game at the beginning and pretty opposed to getting paid by being attacked...so we'll see.
Let me fix / add a few things:
- Happiness does not affect item finds and never has afaik (I've never read *anything* to this effect ever).
- A glow stick does not help, or at the very least I've never heard of any such "rumour" and I've been trawling the torn city forums for quite some time now.
- You do not need to have found an item first on the map in order to highlight them all - you can highlight all of the items all at once at the highest zoom level on the map (ie. where you can see "pins" for the locations) either selectively (in chrome) or by highlighting the entire page in other browsers.
- I suspect that the theory about praying / donating to the church boosting item finds has been pretty much busted at this point, or at the very least nobody has been able to prove it does much if anything at all (especially praying).
- Items only ever spawn when you go to the city, so it's not a case of finding "more" items by going through the city to get to a specific location, it's a case of needing to go through the city to have any items spawn at all.
- LSD is the drug you're referring to and it gives a massive awareness boost
- The firework stand / candle shop job special (Illumination) boosts awareness further
- There is an education course in the Psychology stream which boosts awareness by 10%
I'm happy to stand corrected on any of the above if anyone has knowledge of the bits that are still up for debate or rumoured, but as mentioned above I have never read anything that confirms a few of the things you have listed here as factors affecting item finds.
That pretty much covers it - all of this information is discussed in the Item Finding FAQ / Summary threads in the tutorials and guides forum for the record.
p.s. I'm happy to see that you've taken some of the advice that was given to you in your "I can't find items change it back" thread in GD and are now finding items instead of just getting frustrated over it, even if you did abuse the crap out of several posters that were trying to help you in the process.
i found two plushies worth 1.5 mill
since respo I have found, 2 rpg , 4 goodie bags, a welding helmet, and several cans. Thats along with the usual junk. Either I'm lucky or I just click more than most? Seems my junk/treasure ratio is rather good as well. I wasnt around much before the switch to compare finds but I'm happy with the rate im finding things for sure.
Edit: I do not ever keep much of any items i use regularly like points or xanax so that I force myself to click the city link to get them. And therefore remind myself to click the second time.
I've never found anything worth more than $5k it's ridiculous and frustrating reading people on here saying they've found 2 RPGs ..
I found 2 RPG's reading your post
Give me a list of the morons your selling too. I'll be rich in no time!