Everyone has that one thing that absolutely irritates the piss out of them; today I'm going to share mine: the pretentious douchebag beer snob. I'm not sure if this particular subspecies of douchebag is unique to the Americas but I'm sure some of you have encountered one in its natural habitat. Predominately male, usually with copious facial hair, the beer snob drinks only the finest craft ales and lagers, and will outright refuse to drink anything not up to his standards. Furthermore, he will scoff and condescend to anyone who dares drink more standard fare in his presence. Seeking culture and enlightenment yet ironically choosing to do so in a bar, he truly does believe that his choice of beverage makes him a more sophisticated person than you and will not hesitate to rub it in your face. Truly, Beerus Douchebagicus is thriving in many environments across this Earth and as human habitat encroaches on theirs, conflicts are sure to ensue.
Beer snobs
Started by Wind [444051] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 42
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 21 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 52 / 100
- Engagement score
- 70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Harsh [443611]
· 8 likes ·
Does it a) Get you pissed b) Keep you pissed c) Not taste foul if so.. ill drink it. If I wanted something delicious, crisp and or refreshing.. i'd have lemonade - ReyDuvall [1526820]
· 7 likes ·
Sweeney_Todd [27468] If you want to drink mass produced chemicals, be my guest... I'll stick to proper beer thanks... [:sick:] I drink/eat things with mass produced chemicals all the time Beer is the last thing I'm gonna worry about with … - Bueno_Excelente [34014]
· 1 likes ·
Imagine my dismay when the wine snobs discovered Scotch. I'm still looking for the "fruity, floral notes" and the "licorice". All I can taste is peet & the burning sensation on the way down.
Mentioned in this thread
Sweeney_Todd [27468] ×1
Everyone has that one thing that absolutely irritates the piss out of them; today I'm going to share mine: the pretentious douchebag beer snob. I'm not sure if this particular subspecies of douchebag is unique to the Americas but I'm sure some of you have encountered one in its natural habitat. Predominately male, usually with copious facial hair, the beer snob drinks only the finest craft ales and lagers, and will outright refuse to drink anything not up to his standards. Furthermore, he will scoff and condescend to anyone who dares drink more standard fare in his presence. Seeking culture and enlightenment yet ironically choosing to do so in a bar, he truly does believe that his choice of beverage makes him a more sophisticated person than you and will not hesitate to rub it in your face. Truly, Beerus Douchebagicus is thriving in many environments across this Earth and as human habitat encroaches on theirs, conflicts are sure to ensue.
I try not to let things like that bother me. I don't think it's anything exceptional about 'beer snobs' it's just anyone who takes a huge interest in something and pride themselves on it, and then proceeds to put down others who have a different taste. Anime folk. Indie band lovers. Fashionistas. Gamers. Literally all interests, it seems, come along with people who pride themselves on petty trivia and enjoying what they happen to enjoy and hate on those who enjoy different things.
Don't get me wrong, I love it when I meet someone passionate about their interests. It's just the haughty judgement of others who happen to have a different opinion that can get under my skin. (I do try to ignore it, but it's certainly not an endearing trait.)
I also respect people less for whom "music is their life" and they haven't even attempted to learn an instrument or the theory behind music. The same could be said again for any interest. If it's that important to you, you'd try to make it yourself you pretentious bellend. (Ok, maybe it bothers me a bit more than I let on.)
I don't really understand why something that other people do which has no impact on your life in anyway would annoy you o.o
personally i'm a cider drinker and much prefer them to beer
You don't understand why he doesn't like being condescended at by jackasses?
No mainly as there's a massive difference between people who set "beer standards" and those who go out of their way to make comments to others who drink something which they'd consider below their standard such as me who wouldn't drink the beer the most people would but wouldn't go out of my way to comment on it.
Re-read the OP maybe.
hmm i see, i read the first part, i guess OP and i have different ideas of what a beer snob is.
If you want to drink mass produced chemicals, be my guest...
I'll stick to proper beer thanks... [:sick:]
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
If you want to drink mass produced chemicals, be my guest...I'll stick to proper beer thanks... [:sick:]
I drink/eat things with mass produced chemicals all the time
Beer is the last thing I'm gonna worry about with that.
Mentions: Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Does it
a) Get you pissed
b) Keep you pissed
c) Not taste foul
if so.. ill drink it.
If I wanted something delicious, crisp and or refreshing.. i'd have lemonade
Bro do you even IPA?
Ohhh I thought this was a beer snob appreciation thread! :(
I disagree with the definition that a beer snob is also a condescending prick. Is that the general meaning?
To me it's someone who likes beer in a way that someone likes wine, they wouldn't drink wine from a box, and they look for certain flavors. Equally there are so many different ways to brew beer with different mixes of ingredients, and so many different flavors.
No. In fact I rarely drink, but I oftentimes wind up being dragged to hipsterish bars not far from my university so I witness this phenomenon frequently. "Bro how can you drink that pisswater? Order a REAL beer." Or, "This stout has notes of cocoa, coffee and a hint of blueberry." UGH. It's like, really? How can you manage to be this pretentious about BEER for goodness sake? Even wine snobs are annoying but at least they have several centuries of culture to back their BS up. Beer is and always has been bottom of the barrel as far as alcohol goes, no amount of snobbery will change that. Want to be cultured? Go to an opera, or read Shakespeare, or learn a foreign language and travel. Learn up on history. Don't sit in a bar and act like drinking an $8 beer makes you any better than the guy drinking a Miller.
Imagine my dismay when the wine snobs discovered Scotch.
I'm still looking for the "fruity, floral notes" and the "licorice". All I can taste is peet & the burning sensation on the way down.
That's the beauty of whiskey right there. You should write a book.
It's spelled "whisky" when you're talking about Scotch, ya damn peas...
...d'oh, hoisted with my own pee-tard.
Anyone who pretends to taste anything in unflavored hard liquor other than fire and pain is so full of crap they're liable to explode. People get hairs up their rear end over the silliest things, if only they would put that dedication into something worthwhile instead we'd be living in paradise by now.
Ah, I actually never knew that. Scotch is whiskey for me though. Brandy is whiskey for me too.
Don't get your kilt in a twist (or your beret for that matter).