Been doing a few sigs after joining here, would like to get opinion on one of them :)
#1
[image: i57.tinypic.com] #2
[image: oi62.tinypic.com]
Add more effects. The render is clear and the lighting seems dim. Watch some tutorials on youtube or go on to DeviantArt and look at some there! Good attempt though buddy!
Alright, thanks, going to try to work on that
*waits for hades to advertise his tutorials here* haha
Not bad mate. Keep working towards it. Main thing is the dullness of the tag and the sharp transition to black along the edges.
So I tried to imrpove it abit, though I kinda think I messed up in the top right corner.
I really liked Hades tutorials, they are really good for learning new things
[image: i58.tinypic.com]
Lighting has improved a lot there mate, good job on going back and giving it another attempt.
It's still a bit dull and it looks over saturated in some places. The dullness looks like you have set the opacity on the lighting a bit too low, which is always a hard thing to get it looking right. Copying layers is a big help to sort the dullness out.
Other than that it's good progression from the first version. It's a bit simple though. Simple is good sometimes but only on certain styles and this sadly isn't one that can be too simple. Don't overload it as it will look horrible but the right hand side needs sorting out with more details. Maybe use a space/star stock and set to overlay and sharpen it about 15% to get some tiny little light orbs that will fill in some of the blankness without destroying the focal, and it will keep the simplicity of it to a minimum level which being pleasant on the eyes.
Also, could I see the tag you made before this one if you don't mind? I'd love to see your progression from that from using Hades' tutorials. I'm impressed with the change from V1 to V2 and I can see you getting pretty good in a short time. Your focal placement, flow, depth, rule of thirds and lighting are great and you seem to know what you're doing quite well. Think you need to look at some tags with high colour input as it will give you a sense of what colours would go well together.
What does "CnC" mean? I know the mechanically what it means, I used to operate CNC mills and lathes back in the day. The graphics you guys come up with is amazing.
I think it's constructive criticism or something between theese lines.
Thanks mouse for taking your time to write all that, I'm definitely going to use all the advice you give me.
Ok so this I guess is v3 now, I increased the lighting a little bit more and played with burn and dodge tools in some places. I think that v2 was better actually, I think renders quolity by now is really cheap. Would like to hear some opinions :)
[image: i59.tinypic.com]
LOL
comment and critic
LOL...did you name your thread a topic not knowing what the word meant? :P
Like the improved version, but still looks a little plain on the right hand side :S
Click the link on my forum sig to get see my tutorials. Lol
Edit: #2 Added
I think your main problems are the lighting, the render always seem really dark and I think you should try adding some c4ds in the foreground and background to add some depth.
Other than that and a few small things, looks alright.
The smudge kind of thing you do to make your backgrounds is nice, but they are just that: backgrounds. I think adding more effects behind and in front of the render would really contribute to depth, and flow if you position them correctly. Lighting could use some work as well.
R+ Keep it up mate :)
Kinda like this second one you put up...
looks like his going to be warped up by aliens :P
Good effort in my opinion