Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How is this fair?

Started by 1593725 [1593725] on in General Discussion.

83 replies · 1.33k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 84 / 84 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
84
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

1593725 [1593725]

(Staff edit: Name removed) attacked you, but timed out 2015/01/109:12:03 PM

so because i was winning he decided to time out, this should count as a loss for him right?
IIIlusionist [253384]

i think eventually they may look to changing it into a stalemate or loss. Could get it so that the system will look at who was more likely to win and the award the result accordingly
keroo [1787856]

Although it's done to me, too, i think it's fair. That player needs to wait for 4 mins to time out. So he sacrifices (or exchanges if u wish) his time for some of his health and for not giving u a loss.
Jeger1 [879226]

In theory you could just time out instead of running away when the opponent is too strong. This does not make any sense at all.
Trucker_Liam [1608058]

To be fair ive done this trick before. We have a nice chain going rather then try run and most likely fail I sat and times out so I was left with more life then if I ran and failed I would of been stuck with 1 life for the chain so just time out you end up with more life then running.

Its happened to me so I do it to others unless it's changed I can see more and more people doing this as people catch on
Corill [1690244]

Really unfair and this should be changed as soon as possible. Several threads have been made about this issue already and I hope the devs can look into this.



You don't get a free pass when you time out during RR and so it should be for fights.
Detective [1557351]

It could take a while for devs to make something about this, probably it would take even longer if it was suggested, maybe several people reporting this as a bug could speed up things? Anyone else agree?
critch [507888]

Problem is that if you make these count as a stalemate, everyone would start doing it for the award.

ive had a few do this to me recently and I personally class it as bug abuse. It should be changed so that it counts as a loss to the attacking player
Noobster [987775]

Wouldn't it make sense to make the attacker lose automatically if it times out? There'd be times where the attacker did lose connection or Torn servers being shit, but I think it's better than having this massive flaw in defending, where you can avoid losing completely.