Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

mugging using script

Started by Leaize [443758] on in Questions & Answers.

17 replies · 593 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

Leaize [443758]

Hi, Im just wondering is it normal to be mugged a few second after landing? I meant don't you the person using script to check n mug me?
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Doesn't sounds like scripting to me. My faction does this a lot when people are flying just while warring. We nip people right when they land to get an extra hit to carry the chain further before they get a chance to fly away again.
Leaize [443758]

I meant they don't know precisely the time of our departure. Except if they check it every minute to see when we depart
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Oh you mean, you depart and don't make any action for a couple minutes, that's more than enough time for a player to pinpoint the exact second you clicked on fly home.

There is no scripting here, just higher game knowledge than you.
kyle8048 [488020]

It's possible to script it. I just don't see why someone would go to the effort of risking scripting to mug you. You don't exactly seem worth the effort.

It's most likely just unlucky.


Baldr [1847600] Reporter

You seem to be thinking "that specific person was waiting there to mug me". I think that's very unlikely.

More likely, IMO, is "there are a lot of people who mug, especially in the far off locations like China, UAE, and SA". They want to use some/all of their energy before setting their flight home."

When you land, there may be several of them who happen to load the "who can I mug" page. Certainly if you're there for a minute or two, it's very easy for one of them to load that page. They see your level, decide you're a target, and attack.

I don't think it requires scripts, and I don't think it requires that any particular person knows your exact travel time. There are just enough people mugging that it doesn't take long for "someone" to see that you are there. And if it wasn't you, they would find someone else. And if there wasn't anyone that looked like the target they want, they would hit refresh and see if someone else had just showed up.


Super_Freak [453406]

I can say that when I waiting to hit someone, I tend to refresh quite often whether I am chasing them to their destination or when they are landing.

A player who is flying and refreshing (as in the last action was 0 minutes ago), is more than likely waiting to land. I don't know if someone can use a RSS Feed thingy (I don't know the exact terms on it) on a person profile. I know it alerts a person to when an internet page changes. Seeing that profiles now show where a person is flying to.. it is easy to time it out.

Mugging scripts aren't used as much since the update to mugging. Scripts and bots in general are still out there even though they aren't allowed.
Leaize [443758]

I see. Thanks guy for the answer. Some of you really answer it nicely and some just being jerk like "oh you are a noob or what". BTW isn't that the purpose for QnA forums. âº
SurgeonGeneral [360740]

To help prevent that, if you think someone is out to get you, just log in once in between flight, and go the forums for a minute. Unless someone is really that hard up to hospitalize or mug you, nobody really knows when you took of, nor cares.

I mug when traveling. Especially traveling to South Africa. If not it's just wasted E, instead of a few hundred thousand some sap is really going to miss for their last action being 12 hours ago.
TTM [213036]

Some countries are likely to have players carrying money.
Some just sit there and refresh the pages a lot. New green, fresh mug.
shak [1592807]

Would have to assume that was traveling to Caymans where its an auto mug when you land. No where else would you fly to and have enough money on hand to get 50m mugged. If you are storing money there then that is a silly idea.