Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging

Started by Blackjack-x [981452] on in General Discussion.

55 replies · 2.15k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

ColdDeadFingers [1043426]

You can no longer hit the same old inactive targets day after day unless no one else discovered them which i think is good even if it doesn't suit my lazy ass not too greedy mugging style.This week someone mugged me for over a million when i had about 8 million on hand.I'm not complaining it didn't ruin my day but for a new player trading to make cash that is quite a bit.I like there is a new strategy and it has opened up new options but i think it could still do with a little tweaking to make it fair
dunmugmeh [538353]

The new system is very very good for muggers!

Anyone who cant see that lacks intelligence, a good player can make a lot more play money now.

NOTE it is bad for those with a spotty disposition ie cheaters. Those nerds would use a script to find targets and then pay people/use their reviving multies to mug them dry. The new system is very bad for them which is good :P

Its funny when they make crying threads about not being able to mug anymore, more things should be done to make the nerds lives harder in this game :P
Kate [1701775]

Imo there's nothing wrong with the new system
I really like it (:
If you want to mug the same person over and over again,just do it 2 times/day and you'll get a decent amout
Juxter [532071]

I actually really like the new system, and I say thid as someone who doesn't do much mugging, and has been hit with 10m+ mugs more than once

Mugs are supposed to hurt, otherwise they would be pointless. I think its perfectly reasonable that If I have just under 100m on hand, I can get mugged for 10m. Mugging is a part of the game, and you have to play around it. personally, I enjoy the challenge, and I blame myself, not the mugger, when I get burned.

The news system also makes casual mugging a lot more viable, as you can do a mug for quite a bit if you happen to stumble upon a target, but it doesn't require chain mugging for it to be properly profitable.

And in the end, if you don't protect your cash properly, you will get burned, but you won't get chain mugged dry as under the old system. And while I agree that there still are some problems, canceling trades probably being the biggest one, I personally think that the new system is a big improvement to what it was.
LoneGunman [1703824]

Neither set up makes much sense to me. I can't understand why when you mug somebody you wouldn't take all of their cash. As if someone is going to do you over, see $200 in your wallet and only take $20 .......
TheSilent [927650]

Someone attacked you and stole $24,979 [view]

I only got the minimal of 200k on hand the rest have been put into points hope that waste of e was worth it shmuck
KPCSlor [1557404]

I have no problem with mugs since it's apart of the game, but I draw the line with these guys. Buying from someone and mugging them is a bad look.