I see a few threads being made here and there. Thought I'd make a thread saying post your stream username if ya wanna have some fun or talk about recent tournaments. (As of posting this, the summit 2 is going on..!)
Or if you guys wanna do some ranked, that's cool too!
My ID is "Crimson Carb." I've played for about 3-4 months now, first moba game and I'm around 3k mmr.
Edit: approaching 4k!!
C9 leading EG with 0:2 LMAO
This is fun seeing C9 first two bans are lycan and terrorblade xP
Rtz cant shit anymore
2-2 GAME 5
Clown9 looking real demoralized. I might be a little biased.. put some rares on EG
Lol i bet on c9 i won 3$
Fukken EG. Old man made some big plays though.
mine is iWresltedthebearandwon (4.2K mmr)
what do you think of the upcoming tournament the dota 2 asia championship. the prizepool has reached freaking 2million!
Team Secret changed its rooster for the purpose of competing in DAC, just like Newbie did before TI4. Prolly they must have formed current all stars team for TI 5 too. No doubt, DAC is the 2nd largest tournament in term of prize pool after international.
There are a lot hype going about Team secret from western fan but they haven't even started an official match. Yet, they have scrimed against a lot chinese teams in Shang Hai and most teams confirmed they will surely be beasts in DAC.
At the moment, VG, Newbee and Secret has the best chance to be winner in my opinion.
Its also sad to see how na'vi has become after puppey and kuro leaving. While on paper team secret's new lineup looks pretty strong with arteezy and zai joining them so they definitly are one of the strongest teams, but I still think chinese teams will be too good. Look at EHOME, HGT, VG, Newbee, IG. I think chinese will win this.
'
Its true that Chinese teams have home advantage. But we must not forget the norm that chinese team were beaten by western teams at their home ground. I always have hope for Na'Vi. They have become like tier 3 team recently but why we don't give them the chance for at least winning the wild cards for DAC.
In best case scenario, they can place themselves at top 5-8 and in worst case scenario, they wouldn't qualify the wild cards at all.
I think c9 with the addition of n0tail shouldn't be overlooked either. I feel like they will be upsetting a fair amount of teams.
I was a huge secret fan when they were playing with n0tail and simba but I'm really curious to see how this new secret lineup will measure up. Zai back in his HoN offlane days will be interesting to watch.
So final 2 spots left for DAC. 6 teams to play for it. HGT, PR, NaVi, Speed, Wings and EP. Which of these 6 teams do you think can make it?.
For me I think its HGT and Navi/PR. But i hope both European teams make it as we already have plenty of Chinese teams.
I was hoping for Navi and PR but yeah, it seems HGT made it out. PR with a huge disappointing performance.
Group stages today did not disappoint at all on the other hand though. Made some profit here and there on d2l
Wow guys, EG and Secret on top. But for Secret I understand all the hypes on them and they are performing like a real all stars team. But EG being unbeatable is unexpected result imho.
I don't necessarily think so. EG have found their synergy with this new Sumail and Aui lineup. Instead of EG always drafting farming mids for RTZ, Sumail can play heroes like Zeus, Puck, and Invoker mid - the ganking heroes that RTZ would never play
They've definitely increased their hero pool. And as for secret, I really hope they win the entire tournament. Newbee is playing like absolute shit. I'm questioning them making it out of the group stage
Yeah Newbee has been disappointing. The TI4 champs sitting at bottom of the table. Secret are flawless so far. EG finally lose.
But the team I am most happy to see is Na'vi. so good to see them perform well after a lot of criticism. Hope this is only the beginning of their road to TI5.
And damn this team Big God is like Team Secret of East. They have the best players of china (Lanm, Rotk, Burning, xiao8. Surely a team to be scared of.
Team secret 14:0..... Surely they are performing like Alliance just before TI 3. But the thing is a lot of people hated Alliance at that moment but in contrary for Secret, they will have the biggest fan base like Na'Vi.
Yeah, Na'Vi is perfoming really good right now if we look at how did they perform few weeks ago.
I am a Na'Vi fan and I really want to see Na'Vi in Semi-final and final because all of we know how Na'Vi used to perform really good under pressure. But this seems very impossible for now but who knows ?
Okay, Recently playing dota again... Problem is I suck nowadays hahaha! Lots have changed and I kinda feel like an ignorant fool now... :/ I can still farm well but I guess that's what happens when everyone plays as carries everyone just dies
^Try picking a roaming sup like potm or sk for a change ;)
thats the problem in matchmaking. Everyone think they can play carries very well so all people start to pick carries in AP mode. I advice you to play Captain mode instead of AP,CD, RD or AR. While your captain is drafting in pick/ban phase, you can discuss about strategy/ ask your questions and pre-coordinate your moves. Thats the true taste of DOTA.