Hello to all :) Is it posting to the forum, or rating comments that builds Karma, or both. Thank you for your time.
Karma question
Started by StankyKitty [1885127] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 24
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 66 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 1 likes ·
There's a character limit too, your posts have to be above a certain number of characters for karma to affect them. Also only public forum areas count. - bogie [148747] Admin
· 1 likes ·
I don't think anyone's ever actually tested in this system... but in the old one is was 30 - bogie [148747] Admin
· 1 likes ·
Fun fact too, if your post gets a rating and is unaffected due to the character limit... editing in more characters will remove this restriction and the same post will benefit from new ratings. (The same can be applied to …
Hello to all :) Is it posting to the forum, or rating comments that builds Karma, or both. Thank you for your time.
Rating + adds karma
Should be mentioned, it builds karma for the player who's comment you rate..
And not always as it seems, I guess it depends on the forum activity of the player who rates? I've had a few likes and dislikes that haven't resulted in an increase or decrease in karma.
There's a character limit too, your posts have to be above a certain number of characters for karma to affect them. Also only public forum areas count.
Really? How many characters does it need to be?
I don't think anyone's ever actually tested in this system... but in the old one is was 30
.
^ Feel free to rate that down and I'll tell you if it affects karma. (I included spaces as characters.)
Friend told me he got +karma for a 7 character post.
R- Catheads post just for shit and giggles xD
It took away one and added one. :D
Downvote the next post.
.
Fun fact too, if your post gets a rating and is unaffected due to the character limit... editing in more characters will remove this restriction and the same post will benefit from new ratings. (The same can be applied to being downvoted, edit out the characters and you will no longer receive negative karma)
A one character post isn't effected... I'll try 7 to make sure.
1234567
Seven isn't effected either. (You big liar panzer)
I'll try with 20
twenty might work!!!
Now I know why it doesn't affect my karma when Collete downrates my 'bump's' in my suggestion xD
good to know
Wow, I dropped into this thread as it was the most popular currently, and what do I find... people asking for negreps.
That's new :)