Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

torn going offline?

Started by MrGomez [1501371] on in General Discussion.

20 replies · 438 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

MrGomez [1501371]

Does anybody else find that torn is offline for a few minutes?

Or is it just me? I've tried different web browsers but still torn is inaccessible...

Several times today and for the past week or so this has been happening..
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

The last period of 'downtime' was on the 26th of December last year at 2:07:58 AM and lasted for 1 minute and 42 seconds.
1413750 [1413750]

Nope, been working fine for me. Sometimes it can be caused by temporary issues with your ISP (try a traceroute) or sometimes (but not often) an issue with your computer. If it's only been happening recently, it's most likely a temporary issue with your ISP or something. It should sort itself out.

You can use a site like http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com or http://www.isitdownrightnow.com to check whether a website is down for everyone or just for you.
Dave [272331]

15,748 users online in the last 24 hours (Most recorded: 48,404)

ouch, can't say I am suprised but would have thought for a weekend it would be higher than this.
TrAsH_FiSh [692571]

I find that IE is really bad with shitty connections/computers. I would try Chrome or Firefox if I were you. Less demand on your system means faster load times. What OS are you using as with my vista machine I can't load torn alot of time. But with the windows 7 machine I have no issues. After putting Chrome on the Vista machine I am able to load torn. Its way slower but I'm still able to get on torn.

Edit: Yes i know I should just upgrade the vista machine. I think I'll put that one back to XP VISTA SUCKS!
kILLIAN- [1310389]

Torn was down last night,

So I went onto twitter, turned out that was down too in fact it turned out was just my connection

the servers have been fantastic recently on torn, was probably just your connection!
Henryk_Batuta [1563474]

It would be nice if it become a download-able application, with offline mode, I mean everything is cool, but sometimes those NPCs who claim they are real people are annoying :S With single player - it would be like me vs torn :o

/drunken suday fooling time ;P

ot: havent really had any problems yesterday, I had a lag but prolly caused by own net connection :o
McDallas [14757]

I don't have down time, but often get an error when I log in on mobile. The first time usually leads me to "server not found" or something like that, and the second log in tends to be successful. Seems the same regardless of being on carrier or wifi.

Not entirely sure why that is.
ForkingPawn [1437753]

you need a new ISP, maybe you had a power surge and your router got damaged, upgrade to an N wireless router, or the latest and greatest
Beerstein [1322136]

It was obvious to those that know but I woulda left you wondering what the hell was wrong with me, it's more fun that way.