48 replies · 1.77k views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
70 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
1413750[1413750]
· 2 likes · I've found 9 items since I've come back to the game (7th Feb) and I have 10/10 awareness and the edu done. I think you guys must be doing it wrong or just not seeing a lot of your items. …
hello ppl i think i understand how the new finding system works, basically the more active you are the more stuff "pops" up in the city map, so ive been logging on about twice daily for the last three months and ive only found one measly flashbang and i have 10 freaking awareness! two gripes i have about the new system:
1- i dont have the time/patience to search the map 2- i feel i wasted all my points on awareness (useless now)
what do you guys think and am i doing something wrong?
You don't need to constantly check the map since items do not ever disappear. Just check the map once every month or two when you have some spare time. I also don't think your as active in the city as you think you are.
Even with 0/10 in awareness, I've found probably double the amount of items I've found TOTAL since RESPO was released, so more items defiantly do appear.
It is according to someone I know who has found a rabbits foot and more recently an amulet a couple of days ago since the release of RESPO.
According to the information shared by Ched city find item spawns are still triggered in the same way they used the old city find events used to be - ie. you have two chances per hour for an item to spawn when you visit the city, although the chance of an item spawning on any one city visit is of course still rather low.
You do know you still have to click city in order for the items to appear on the map? Don't just use the sidebar to do what you want to do, rather click city and then follow the quick links to get to what you want to do
I'm 10/10 and I go searching every few weeks and usually find 4 or 5 things (including an SE), it's sweet compared to the old way, I found hardly anything back in the day.
So how often should I check the map? First few days I found something Every day at least. Now its been 3 since I've found anything. I look twice a day.
i have full awarness merits plus 10% edu plus all history edu done, i have found 100 or so items since the change the best being a coin worth 2.5mill. I just searched the city got 8 finds all crap plushies and temp items. The old system paid all my bills now not so much :( Old system i found 3-4 items a week but they were worth alot more
Items don't despawn, if you don't have the time then just check it as often or as little as you'd like... but you'd still end up finding the same amount of items.
I never understood when people complain about only finding 1 item a month or something... you must be doing it wrong...
Firstly, I have maybe 5/10 awareness, the Psychology courses awareness boost (the bachelor in fact) and recently have been using a lot of LSD.
Regarding the 'spawn while checking' issue.
This has happened to me a number of times (an item appearing after I have just checked the map and decide to check again) and I have had some particular success with this recently - although always while under influence of LSD.
The other day I had my most valuable item find ever (boxing gloves) spawn after I had already just gone over the whole map and decided to check again.
The last night I was testing this theory again (it was of particular relevance as I had 97 items so only need 3 for the next merit). As stated it was only a few days since last Map check so I wasn't expecting much. I checked the whole map and were some items however but I thought I still needed 1 more for the merit but I think I had in fact found enough for the merit and had miscounted. Anyways, because I thought I needed more I checked again.
This time, firstly, I definitely did spend some time clicking in and out of the points market using the city link. While waiting for points to sell I rechecked the whole Map and found 2 items, one of which was a Gold Noble Coin.
My points still hadn't sold so I did a bit more clicking around (I wasn't sure how long it had been since the last Map check but had read that it's just the first few clicks each hour that matter and I had a feeling that the hour had moved on so although I don't know if that's true I thought it might be useful if it is true to click around a bit more.)
I went for my 3rd Map check within the space of about 30 minutes I think and found that one item had indeed spawned - a sennet board!
I'm traveling now so can't check but I think at the end of all this I had 103 items so in total had found 6. Three on the first check, two on the second and one on the third.
I went over the Map a number of times after this but unsurprisingly nothing else appeared.
So yeah, the last few days of city finds for me have been awesome! Two big money items plus a merit!
Also, it may be a coincidence but since I have been using the LSD more the value of items seems to have been increasing. In the last 3 or 4 weeks I have also found 2 of the Quran scripts.
Still, before I get excited the maths show than less than 4% of my finds are worth more than 5mill - but I'm very happy all the same, both with my rate of finds and the value of them too.
Up until this point the most valuable item I had ever found was a drug pack and maybe a crime enhancer or two.
But the point is that items can spawn more rapidly than you realise and seemingly also while you are checking the Map, especially if you use LSD a lot and have decent amount of awareness.
I have found two things, and nothing since the original release. I am semi-active, and check the map every week. I try the highlight method, I try the block city map source method, I go nice and easy. Nothing nothing nothing. At least before I just rarely found anything, but was not spending my time looking for it. A lot of people seem to enjoy it, but for me it ruined a nice surprise in my events even if it was only a few hammers and some 5k briefcases.
I've found 9 items since I've come back to the game (7th Feb) and I have 10/10 awareness and the edu done.
I think you guys must be doing it wrong or just not seeing a lot of your items.
You can try my city finds highlighter userstyle, which you can find on my profile, or from kpcslor's excellent city finds thread in the tutorial section of the forum. It doubles the size of the item and puts a 5 pixel magenta box around it, so you can't miss 'em!
It's the same as the old system you just gotta go look now and don't get the items instantly, they never disappear from the map though. Once a year is the way to go IMO if you don't click city a lot.
This, I tend to find an item a day or so, best so far christmas can. With the purple box script things literally pop and it takes no time to scan the map