Every online casino seems to do it very differently, with vastly changing rules. Our ways for the most part actually gives players more advantage. We have our own version, which works great!
New BJ
Started by Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 125 / 125 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Every online casino seems to do it very differently, with vastly changing rules. Our ways for the most part actually gives players more advantage. We have our own version, which works great!
I didn't realize just how much there was for blackjack.. when i play it with friends we just do 21 :x
The splitting, yes... this gives the player an advantage.
Allowing the player to double down or split versus natural dealer wins puts the player at a disadvantage. So does allowing the player an option to act when they have a natural win. Plus, removing these options would speed up the game.
Another thing I've noticed, you can play blackjack from the hospital.
Love it...it is s much faster which makes the game play so much better!!
mhhm honour is sexy xD
Now we just need to be able to play while travelling and we have a sweet deal going!
*soooo bored of travelling*
Flying - Can't wait to play when I land!
The only thing that bugs me about this is statements like "We have our own version, which works great" whilst talking about something that was just implemented today.
I'm not a gambler so I don't know much about the rules or chances of the game, but I know statements like that are nonsense and could be somewhat insulting from a players/consumers perspective.
That being said, the changes to the casino have made it more fun, coming from a novice/casual gambler.
How many cards before the deck shuffles?
woop woop
The old blackjack kinda worked like that though. Although in that one, the dealer had the same hand for both games, this time the dealer gets a different draw for the second hand.
it's still in your favor since you know the dealer's hole card before playing your second hand. You won't stand on 18 if you know the dealer has 20.
Ah ok. Almost the same system as we had before. That would make it tried and tested then.
Ta.
Only here, on torn, could we see people complain about something not being "real enough". All the things mentioned were discussed in testing. Ched chose to give the player's the advantage. If you are a good BJ player, you can dominate this game. Dominate it. The advantage finally goes to the player (no casino does that) and I see complaints! lol MY GOD, you cannot win here. (but now you can on BJ ;)
I for one am not complaining that Ched has given a gift to the players. Just enjoy finally having the advantage. Stop complaining.
How does allowing a player to double down against a natural dealer win, an advantage?
I'll say it once again, I don't understand the point of a split right now if that's the case. If the dealer is currently getting a whole new second hand, then it's basically the same as not splitting and playing a completely new hand instead ?
The point of splitting as I understand it, is being able to play a second hand while already knowing what the dealer has
It seems to be a bit better then the last version doubt i will play it much though as Jimmy say the split is very annoying
The game, as a whole now, gives the player the advantage. I'm not talking about the .05% of the time you have a double down to a dealer's natural. How often does that happen? Plus, if you are doubling down/splitting to a dealer's Ace, then that's just poor play. Real life or fake, you don't double down/split to an ace.
I'm not going to spell it out so everyone can 'see' the clear advantages we all have now, but it's there. If you know odds/betting/when to hit, you see that.
That being said (back to the splitting issue) The coders debated doing a split the old way (super unrealistic) and the way it is now. I can't say I like the new way, but the old way gave the player too much advantage. From a coding standpoint they couldn't code this so that you are playing both your hands to the dealer's one hand. We all know the series of when a hand is turned over etc isn't the same as real life. It is what it is. This is the best they could do with the way the cards reveal.
In a casino, you play both your hands before the dealer plays their hand. In Torn, you play each hand individually. It's still an advantage over a casino because you get to see the dealer's hole card.
The point of splitting is that you can have better hands. You should always split Aces and 8's because you'll most likely have much stronger hands. Never split 5's or 10's. Everything else depends on the dealer's card.
Seeing the dealers hole card is advantageous because you'll know better how to play the second hand. Assume you have 88 and the dealer has a 10 showing, you split, play out the first hand and see the dealer has another 10 giving him 20. Now if the second hand is 18, you know to hit. Something you normally would never do, but if you know for a fact the dealer has 20 already, you might as well hit. Likewise, say you split and you see the dealer has a 6 for a hole card, giving him 16, and you get a 7 on the second hand giving you 15 vs. 16. You would want to stand, where as normally you would hit 15 vs. a 10.
Why would you not double down or split vs. an Ace? It's good play since you know the dealer doesn't have a natural, or you get it returned if the dealer does. If I have 11 and I know the dealer doesn't have 21, of course I'm going to double down. Same with splitting A's and 8's.
Look up any blackjack strategy guide, they'll tell you the same thing.
Looks great but JJ is correct. Some of the options make no sense if the idea is to make it more player friendly to the layman of BJ