Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Buddying

Started by Prdoch [1879708] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 50 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
15
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100

Most-liked replies

Prdoch [1879708]

Main reason why most new players drop out is because they dont get the basics of the game. If there was something like buddy system where players over certain level and days old could "get" random new players and would recive a merit if their new buddy would go to level 15 for example that could be helpful. Sorry for my terrible english.
King_David [129990]

It would be awesome the get an award and merit for helping newbies because I've helped many and still do but, there's only one downfall to that Prdoch... the amount of multi- accounts will skyrocket. :)

Good thought though but, will never work.

Have a great day. :)
Juxter [532071]

I really like this idea. In response to the above comments, yes multis might prove a problem. I think the best solution to that though is to make sure there isn't to big of a monetary award for getting your new player to what ever target is put in place. I don't think a system where you get a merit and nothing else for bumping a new player to lvl 15 would be that abused, especially if you cant pick the new player yourself. And if you add in a second merit for helping out say 100 new players, that would probably create a community of eager helpers. All in all, I like this idea.
Lone_Soldier [1663027]

Good in theory, although I believe this would put a lot of pressure onto new players to level up, and kind of take away from the experience of, 'be who you wanna be' and therefor quite possibly ruin the next generations of players.
AshleyT [1432316]

Flawed but would be nice to help new players a bit more than answering questions and passing equipment like the way I'm giving out free AK-47's right now.