Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nootropics

Started by TheCyberpunk [1850382] on in Health & Fitness.

7 replies · 58 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100

Most-liked replies

TheCyberpunk [1850382]

Let's discuss the wonderful and mysterious world of nootropics here.

To start, what are your thoughts on using nootropics to give a "mental boost"?
mug [553318] Committee Committee

sounds like a waste of money :D

rather take ADD medicine since that's been tested with side effects known and whatnot

not sure why you'd need ot take a 'smart drug' if you can't do it yourself you were just meant to be retarded nothing can change that.
The_Koala [1585355]

Nothing to add. I googled it and till FDA approves it I do not trust it at all. Same thing goes with some conventional supplements with new firms they keep saying revolutionary but not proven by FDA etc. and has cancer labeling...
ultimatemaster [180173]

I have try ed a lot, here is what works for me : caffeine, fish oil, vinpocetine and bacopa(long term). I have tried others but those work best for me.
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

I was on a pretty heavy regiment of caffeine, stacker 3s and noopept while studying for the bar exam. I was also taking tons of percocets but that was more of a maintenance thing, kinda been having trouble getting off them for quite some time. I personally didn't feel like the noopept and stimulants did a while lot to be honest. I did literally hundreds of practice essays and thousands of practice multiple choice questions and didn't do spectacular on them. I took my regular doses twice on both test days and I passed. We only get results for the multi choice and I did score about 20% higher on test day then my average for practices. Maybe my brain just unconsciously knew the difference between practices and test day. I'm not convinced they helped but I am not willing to say they didn't.
TheCyberpunk [1850382]

I take Concerta 54mg as well as EPA/DHA capsules in the mornings a couple of hours before work. I find it works a lot better than caffeine and when I combine the two, I tend to sweat and tweak out and then I experience a pretty hard Concerta/caffeine crash a few hours later along with a bitch of a headache and the need to frequently urinate and guzzle water like a Lamborghini guzzles gas.
L_A_M_B [1927064]

I believe that eating a balanced, nutrient rich diet can greatly icrease the benefits of nootropics as the majority of them seem to work by simply improving the efficiency of synthesis and uptake of certain neurotransmitters, and without the right vitamins and minerals they really won't work to their full potential.
Before a person even considers taking nootropics for "remedial" purposes they sould take a good look at their diet or even see a nutritionist to try improve the foundation of what they're creating the grey matter from.

I tend to have a fairly regular ebb and flow to the health of my diet and I notice that when I'm not eating healthy I definitely need a lot more caffeine to stay on top of things at work. When I started a new job 3 months ago I was eating a plant rich paleo diet and taking 1.5g Aniracetam in the morning and drinking about 2 coffees throughout the day and I felt like I was more on the ball than I had been in years, even after a month of static unemployment. Recently though, I have been eating a lot of starch rich meals including pasta and pastries, not as much fruit and veg, and no nootropics and I often have trouble focussing on what I'm doing and have mild to moderate social anxiety (which I have had for as long as I can remember, apart from the month that I was dosing Aniracetam). I can't wait to be able to start eating healthy and dosing again, because it improved my entire outlook on life, not just at work.
I know that everybody is different psychologically and physically, but regardless of whether you are taking nootropics or not, diet plays a MASSIVE factor in perceived brainpower.