Guys I have some sort of malware problem, malwarebytes flags it as a prefs.js file in the firefox install folder. I know that it's only a preferences file but I don't get whats happening, I know it's something as my CPU usage while idol is really high( around 30-40%- usually means an infection) but no matter what I do, safe mode removal, self removal, different program removal, it doesn't seem to solve my problem! If anyone has any ideas please share them as it's baffling my head haha
additional info: it gets flagged as PUP.Optional.ResultHunters.A also, I have no browser addons other than adblocker and firebug.
update: I used hitman pro to finally get rid of the virus until my pc wouldn't boot and I had to restore to a point that hitman made before restarting my PC, all was good for a few hours until mbam ran it's nightly scan and it seemed to activate it again pushing my CPU usage while idle to around 40-50%
yeah ive used adwcleaner in the past and with a combo of that, mbam, hitman and spyhunter I have got rid of it and nothing has come about for 2 days now so I'm happy to say I think it's gone!