Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Learning spanish

Started by Ash [590563] on in Travel & Culture.

5 replies · 76 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
Ash [590563]

I have decided, I would like to learn spanish, going to try do a short course at the start of my next year at university, has anyone got any tips on what I can do in the mean time to help myself have an edge and already some, I'm using duolingo at the moment, it seems quite useful.

If we have any spanish players, or fluent spanish speakers, tips would be great :)
SPYdnb [1878465]

I moved to Spain a few years again because I was tired of my city. It basically learn or die, nobody really spoke English and since the economy is so weak, I really had to get up to scratch quickly so I could find work.

Duolingo is okay but from what I remember it didn't have too many finer grammar points. There's a free podcast called Coffee Break Spanish which is bloody fantastic at explaining things such as tenses, irregularities etc. Another fun way to learn a language is to watch movies with English subtitles. Just really helps get an ear for the language. Movies like Sin Nombre and Amores Perros are quality.
miguelpiquet [1899733]

Hey guys. I'm basically a noob here in this game, but if you ever need any help learning Spanish or you just want to have a little convy or sth, just let me know!! I happen to be Spanish, hahaha.
KuchoSpinello [618499]

Maybe if you play other videogames and have the Spanish language option, turn it on (especially if you're replaying a game), watching movies in Spanish (there's a great Argentinean director called Juan José Campanella, maybe you have heard of him, he even has directed episodes of series like House M.D)



By the way, I'm Chilean :)