28 replies · 655 views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
megalomaniacal[1542618]Committee
· 5 likes · Don't use the bookies. I'm down 1b and plan on letting everyone know of my misfortune. SadFace.jpg
a)Put the money in the bank and earn interest b)Buy points or items that are easily resealable (e.g. xanax) and then sell them when you're ready to re-invest more money c)Invest in the stock market (bit risky and could take some time to resell) - You could also lose money over time d)When you're able to travel, you can go to the Caymans and put money in the bank over there e)Join / start a faction and put the money in the bank f)Start your own company and use it as a bank
Don't Make threads like this so people can watch you and keep mugging you xP
Use the bank, even for short periods of investment times. Saves your money and gives you some interest.
As for how you can make money, there are plenty of ways. For a starter, get to level 15 so you can start flying, then you can do flower/plushie or any other profitable items running.
Speaking from experience, do NOT start a faction when low level to ensure your money. I did the same thing and it didn't work out. Sure your money is safe, but within 3 days alot of factions will declare war on you, what makes it very hard to even do anything in the game since you are in the hospital most of the time.
I now just use the bank to secure the money. The only downside is that you won't be able to withdraw the money unless the period ends.
Or if you are active daily you can use the bookies. When you are in need of money just delete/reduce your betting. But be careful that you delete your bet before the match or you may lose all your money if the team loses the match.
But your original premise is right - it will take you months to save enough for a private island. I think it took me about 6 months of high activity. I bought a DP from the market every time i felt that I had enough spare, and ended up with enough to trade them for my island. No cash involved, so i felt safe to start up a trade...
For now use the bank, whenever you get enough money try to buy points and keep them till your bank account closes. Don't withdraw the money right away (avoid having all your cash on hand) and sell the points only a little at a time (don't get noticed stay active) and then bank the money. It works out nicely with flower trip profit & point buying. What I do now is normally have an outstanding loan from the loan shark and pay it off while selling points. Just be sure to sell the points close to what you buy them or you can loose a good bit of money doing that.
The people that can mug me won't bother for less than a 1 million unless they are hoping I'm not being careful. As it stands I use the loan shark quite a bit to build my wealth since I keep an eye on things that I can flip for a later profit. I try to go for smaller stuff in bulk so I can pay down and lessen my risk to prevent loosing much money if I get mugged.
I do however agree donator packs are a GREAT way with only one flaw-> the cost. The only way I think I could work around that is to make note the price that you buy them for, and use points (or some other cheap item sold in bulks) as the means to hide your money until you pass the cash to buy a donator pack, and sell them in a trade (having what youre the total cash value of what you intend to bank) and when you are waiting be sure to refresh often (prevent an instant mugging). This method sounds like a pita, but ultimately you do what you have to in order to protect your money.
Level up to 15. Fly to Cayman, insert money into the bank there.
Put your money into points. Time is good now. Point costs are low. Other good things to invest in are Bricks, SFAK's, Morphines, Diamond Bladed Knives, Donator Packs (prices are real low).
I managed to buy a PI in 9-10 months once I started with the trading. I had no issues in storing my cash as I had my own property vault. So if u can really manage with the trading u can easily get a PI(3700 Happy at least) within a year of gameplay.