Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Need help with a code

Started by Grafiti [1557036] on in Technology.

16 replies · 158 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Grafiti [1557036]

Anyone know website coding?I want help with an HTML code,I am willing to pay by sending a precious item or money.Contact me for more details and what you want in return.
Grafiti [1557036]

well,I want to exploit the code of a game for my own benefit(I am a bad man),so if someone could contact me I would explain in detail.
SS3_Goku [1864562]

That's quite illegal if it is a online game. And even if it is a offline game....glitching isn't really popular if your a hardcore player.
SS3_Goku [1864562]

I don't know a lot about the languages that go into programming video games but there are books with the title "Programming games with HTML" or something like that.
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

Here's the only code I know...

Up up down down left right left right B A

This may or may not help you in the game you are playing
Danny [12503]

I dunno with HTML5 and having a pretty decent canvas and WebGL support, they are a lot more common. Sure the games are written in javascript rather than html, I guess with just pure html alll you could reallly do is something like a choosee your own adventure type game.

As far as "Hackinng" a browser game if it's a canvas based game you can pretty much press f12 in chrome and change values directly, it'll be a little work hopefully to try and work out what is what. However any multiplayer game, something like torn for example you'll be a little screwed as everything I would hope is autenticated server side, so you have no direct access to any actual values, just a bunch of commands you can tell the server to do like train 32 times in strength, and then the server is responsible for doing the request and you get a response. So even if you set your energy to 1,000,000 on your web page, if yo tried to train and your actual energy is 0, you would still not gain any stats.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

This thread was a good laugh, apart from the fact that this request not only breaks rules within this game but is illegal, full stop. I don't even know why it hasn't been graved yet - the next best section being this idea that html coding would help in anyway for exploiting a game (which i guess is based on a website) - html isn't doing to do anything for exploiting, this idea of simply pressing f12 or opening up anything console related will "hack" is also confusing. All that'll do is temp edit client side information, it wont alter server side and that's the only important part within a game.

If you're looking to hack you'd need MySQL or whatever in order to edit server side databases >.> but once again.. don't ever do it.
Danny [12503]

If your playing a web canvas or a webgl (or even flash slightly more difficulty) game you have access to all of the local memory is accessible and if the developer has been particularly lazy or it's just a hobby project that they don't make money from then it'll probably be unobfuscated. Then open your console. type console.log(window) look for the game objects then Game.score = 100000; Then at the end of the level when the game sends off your high score wow you're at the top. Again, this wouldn't help on something like torn where all requests are handled by the servers, but something like flappy bird you wouldn't want to have servers processing everyones clicks and trying to simulate how all local games played out, sometimes you just have to accept what the local client is telling you.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

what you're explaining is editing of JS not html and it's editing a game which is locally located or loaded, an online game would check against their servers vs a client, if you're going to edit local.. why even post here - you could even use cheat engine or art money.

It's true that the only situation where it doesn't check server side is if it's coded in a horrible shit way.. actually that about sums up the only way, the reason behind why it's coded in a shit way may change but it overall means it was coded in that way.

but once again, why would you edit something locally, it's just.. pointless o.O
Danny [12503]

Well if he found a book on HTML game development. I am sure it would be HTML5 game development which are mostly based around Javascript, the only pure HTML games I could think of would be a choose your own adventure book type game, maybe a spot the difference type thing, but I don't know why you would, as you could get something much cooler and simplier done with javascript. Any SQL you do would be done via rest callls, or through php directly on your server.

Why you would want to want to edit something locally is because not all html games are multiplayer. There are tones of random free tower defence games where maybe you are enjoying it, but get stuck on a random level, so you want to make it a little easier by giving your self a few more lives, or a bit more money. I can't imagine any server being set up simulate along side ever active client just to ensure they haven't cheated. Firstly because of the delays introduced, and secondly because if you have 100,000's of concurrent users you''d need some serious server power. In that case it would possibly be easier to catch them at the end and check what towers they have build, vs what is the max money they could have which would then be validated at the end server side but it could still be intercepted and made to look correct anyway. So maybe you could send alll the users interactions in the level and have the server evaluate it. It would fix my first issue.

Maybe the difference we have is I am thinking more real time interactivve games, and you're thinking more browser based torn like games?
Dash [3901]

You guys might want to check out three.js which uses WebGL for 3D rendering and you can make 3D games right in the browser window. I made a little shooter with it once, but nothing too fancy.

In any case, OP probably meant a web game such as torn.

Unfortunately, hacking the HTML of the site won't do you much good.

Try googling SQL injections or XSS; javascript injections. If it's a game that actually makes money, I doubt you'll get far as a beginner.

I, unfortunately, CBA to hack a web-game for you for measly TC dollars. :P