Hey all im an Alienware 17 user if u need any help or guide I may be the one and if I need help u will be the one so yah better if we know each other since not everyone uses an Alienware :D
About this thread
Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 45
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 36 / 100
- Story score
- 52 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Gungrave [470221]
· 11 likes ·
I hate to sound negative but why exactly did you buy an alienware? they rip you off[:disappointed:] I can build a computer at 1/3rd the cost that is 2 to 3 times as powerful for the cost of an alienware. - Chedburn [1] Admin
· 5 likes ·
I have the Alienware 18 for travel and Alienware Aurora (on multiple monitors) for Torn work. Also a custom built water-cooled PC with that fancy Level 10 case for gaming. I've always built custom computers in the past (3 or … - PatBenatar [420347]
· 4 likes ·
My big seller point was I had to have Windows 7, I hate Windows 8. I hear the new Windows coming out is more user friendly, sure hope so. The pre-built never had window 7 left. Alienwear built one kept …
Hey all im an Alienware 17 user if u need any help or guide I may be the one and if I need help u will be the one so yah better if we know each other since not everyone uses an Alienware :D
I hate to sound negative but why exactly did you buy an alienware? they rip you off[:disappointed:]
I can build a computer at 1/3rd the cost that is 2 to 3 times as powerful for the cost of an alienware.
I have to agree with Gungrave there. Alienware is a ripoff.
You're definitely overstating the price:power ratio here, plus they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. It's cheaper to make your own but if I were loaded in cash I wouldn't mind buying alienware, at least you're getting what you want as opposed to having to tweak some stock shit off a random prebuilt. You're literally saying you can make a pc with 6x the power for the same price and that's bullshit. Plus again it's not nearly as bad as it once was, I'd have to look but you could maybe pull 1.3-1.5x the power for the same price off custom building plus with custom builds you can cut corners via old boxes and such.
Hey can you recommend me any good game.
If someone love robot, ultraman and monster card.
What kind of games that I should pick. He is 8 years old.
If its a game console can you pick one that easier to find and pack.
And not easily broken during shipping.
I had no problem with budget as long as its reasonable. (5K$ +-)
I always give him book and something each year.
Because I want him to love reading and listen in the future.. Hahahaha I'm sounds very old.
But he mail me yesterday that he want games for his birthday gift.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance.
"If someone love robot, ultraman and monster card.
What kind of games that I should pick. He is 8 years old."
Any GTA should be fine.
I'm sorry.
Can you not use abbreviation.
On Topic.
I didn't use Alienware.
It my first time hearing it.
GTA = Grand Theft Auto Rated M
Thanks for your response.
But my mom will nag me all morning if I send Rated M games.
Do you had anything else in mind.
As a kid born in Africa we had rocks to play with you should try a similar game. Or string up one of your hated enemies,claim he's a native and then proceed to beat him. Oh the good old days.
It depends really, has anyone introduced him to Pokemon before? it sounds right up his alley, you could get either a gabe boy advance sp and Pokemon Emerald or the likes or you could get a nintendo DS and one of the newer Pokemon games for christmas?
I know I loved Pokemon when I was younger.
Nice.
Umm.. Thanks for the response.
Hey.... this one is very small... I only need few minutes to pack this item.
Fantastic. This one right. The image is very similar with few mobile device.
[image: encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com]
Similar to my foundation box. Hahahahaha.
I will look at it at sunday. Thanks for the help.
Oh its not for christmas.. I'm bad at keeping promise. *smiles*
Can you pick which pokemon games all of them look same for me.
The game look nice. They even had mario bros
I'd suggest getting him that DS you showed the image of (looks like the latest version) and Pokemon Diamond as that's the last one I tried, I say Diamond because at least to me it looks like they gave up in some of the newer games and I've not played them personally. Others might have more ideas though but yes for a small kid get a DS and games :)
I know that I can build a much more powerful one but I had to order it. For the fact that I don't live in the US AND the person who had to buy it cannot give time to build a powerful one. So the only thing that is in my budget for a gaming laptop is an alienware. Though some cheap CyberPower works but when it comes to money and pride and all the other shit, then no matter how much the laptop sucks or a rip off, i wont get discriminated in "The Family" if you know what i mean and of course because im an Asian and all. Atleast im happy to own an alienware so lets just stay on the topic of "helping other Alienware or gaming laptop users" okay?
Yes the old Alienwares are worse the current new ones are a rip off and all because of the brand name "Alienware". But overall because im loaded with cash an alienware gives 100% satisfaction to its customers, the sleek design the lights and all.
I have the Alienware 18 for travel and Alienware Aurora (on multiple monitors) for Torn work. Also a custom built water-cooled PC with that fancy Level 10 case for gaming.
I've always built custom computers in the past (3 or 4 times), but I'm bored of it and sick of the issues you get when some component is even slightly non-compatible with something else.
I don't care about the looks, but when you buy from Alienware you're getting exceptional quality, and a piece of hardware which will last at least a decade. I probably save money in the long run, and a huge amount of hassle.
I would never build a custom computer again, I've found it seems to work out more expensive than the 'bundle package / full computers' and have far more issues - Although useful / interesting to do at least once. I'd rather buy a single computer which was designed and built specifically by intelligent engineers so I don't have to worry about anything. And, if I have a problem - thousands of people have the same exact setup and you get customer support / warranties.
There may be other good / trustworthy high-spec companies like Alienware (but which don't come with all the OTT packaging / looks), but I'm unaware of them. I'll probably do some research when I need an upgrade, but for now, my 5 year old Aurora is perfectly adequate!
I'd recommend anyone to build their first proper pc though. The experience itself teaches you so much.
Haha like make sure your case can actually fit that huge graphics card you bought, and the joys of cable and airflow management.
I've built 3 custom computers with my brother and only problem we had was a defective hardrive which we easily replaced using the warranty and just a wireless adapter that acts up every couple weeks. Granted I always bought the largest case I could for tons of room allowing for upgrades and making them easier to work on not to mention choosing ones with plenty of fans.
Every prebuilt computer on the other hand except for HP computers I've had tons of trouble with.
I never had issues with my custom built but this is exactly what I mean. Knowing how to build them is good but after a while it's not what I'd call "fun".
As far as high end custom rigs I hear Falcon NorthWest is also good.
My beast is a custom built after returning a alienware which was a piece of crap, I paid over 2.5k for it and all I wanted was a gaming machine that ran on Windows 7 it would not work, it kept crashing daily. I have had my 'beast" now for 2+ years which I call it since it weighs a ton, Coolmaster HAF case is really big compared to other cases. The only thing I have done to my pc since I had it made was upgrade my graphics card and just recently replaced my CPU to a liquid system. It should be good for a decade or 2.
I never would build my own, my pc dude takes care of me, mind you he sees me coming money wise but I can not complain on the service I have received.