Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pregunta (=question)

Started by Wollongong [12833] on in General Non-related.

16 replies · 148 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
19
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Wollongong [12833]

A question for the Spanish amongst us,
I would like to expose myself to the Spanish language again (the variation spoken in Castilla y Leon). My proficiency in the language is probably that of a native 6 year old.

Could you recommend me:
1) A radio station with sufficient spoken words (but also music) which is not too complex?
2) An online resource to watch Spanish tv (free)
3) Some places to read?

Thanks.
CatHead [1581564]

When I was learning Spanish, I used to watch Spanish dubbed anime. It's mostly South American (though it's good to listen to all sorts of accents). I remember One Piece being ridiculously good to watch in Spanish. Try google for a link, I don't remember what I used to use. For reading, you could do the same but with a Japanese anime dubbed in Spanish (google again).

I also remember watching the Simpsons in Spanish a fair amount (Marge's voice is horrible in the Spanish version) though that was actually on the TV so I can't recommend where to find that either.

I also have a collection of Spanish comics, which help a lot with reading.

Do you want a radio station for a specific reason? I don't think you'll find a beginners (or intermediate) radio station, simply because it would be f**king boring. "El gato es grande" doesn't make for a good discussion- after all. Your best bet is just to dive into any of the popular ones hosted on the web, and struggle your way through understanding bits and bobs. After enough time you'll find you can work out what they're saying.

Sorry I can't give you specific links but I'd love to speak a little more Spanish day to day so if you ever want a study partner, feel free to shoot me a message.
Wollongong [12833]

Thanks for the response,
doesn't really have to be radio, as long as it is spoken Spanish. Y pienso "El gato grande" es una tópica interessante :D

(Translation: I think "the big cat" IS an interesting topic)

Edit: and while I just pressed save, I suddenly realized how much innuendo is actually in that sentence!
JSnows [14906]

i wish i could give you a few tips but i learnt by drinking plenty of beer with spaniards ... it wasn't really a conscious effort and one day it just kind'a hit me "hey !! i can speak spanish" ...

best investment ever, had plenty of fun at the time and it really comes in handy for my work these days
Venko [741841]

I started learning spanish by pking in a game with mexicans from tampico... now I'm always saying crap like kepedo wey or no mames cabron in rl....

I have an Argentinian in the faction and he helps me practice every now and then. Would be cool to meet more ppl interested in communicating in spanish. It's either you use it or lose it :/
CatHead [1581564]

Oye, cabron. Que has dicho? Hostia puta, que mierda, joder. Me cago en dios.

Translation for those who don't speak spanish "would you like some ice-cream?
Sweeney_Todd [27468]

I work for a spanish company and speak with the it guys lot, and the first thing i learnt is they say jee jee jee instead of hee hee hee...

Little things... [:sick:]