Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Lag when using items

Started by QJedi [32586] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 38 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
QJedi [32586]

I know I posted about this already, but I am still unable to drink a beer or use many other items when I try. The game just sits there and tries to load until I send a "Stop loading" command, click another link, and then try other stuff. It sucks, still doesn't work, and needs to be addressed. Why can I use a Xanax, but not drink a beer?
Porny [604593]

On what browser are you having these issues, have you tried another one, on which device are you playing? How many of the items you're trying to use do you have?
QJedi [32586]

Firefox 36.0.3 on my computer, and whatever browser comes on my Samsung Stratosphere.
I haven't tried another one.
Laptop : Compaq Presario CQ56
Phone: Samsung Stratosphere
Number of items ranges from dozens to thousands, but it mostly happens with beer when drinking for nerve or medical items when healing up after being hosped. Drugs work fine even when I have over a hundred.
QJedi [32586]

It does happen on both, but I put all but 60 beers into my display case and now it works fine.

Sounds like a database issue.

3560 beer = 1+ minutes of lag and/or a timeout.
60 beers = instant use, no problem.
bumperx27 [1707867]

been having the same issue all day when trying to use a beer (On Safari) had 3000+, just added some to bazaar and when having around 50 on me I was able to use it..
QJedi [32586]

It got much worse in the past 2 weeks. I'm assuming there was some tweaking going on in the database or inventory code that made it verify the item number being used against ALL of the item numbers of that kind of item in a users inventory, or something similar.
It hadn't been a noticeable lag last month, for example. At least not for me.

Anyhoo, I do too much bitching about the game to not report something when I see it. For all of my complaints, I really do like playing Torn, even post respo.