Would be nice to see a torn app for the app store. Just run the app, login bave the ability to train etc, reveive notifications of mails, events ( you can decide what in settings)
Torn app for ios/android
Started by Bloods [1897613] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 19
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 49 / 100
- Historical score
- 29 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 3 likes ·
Why is this needed any more than what already exists? Why does Torn need to make an expensive app that would support LESS platforms than the current site and would require more updating to synch it with every single site … - boo [1544641]
· 2 likes ·
If an app was made at all, it would have to be a mobile version of city watch. I think that would be hugely popular
Would be nice to see a torn app for the app store. Just run the app, login bave the ability to train etc, reveive notifications of mails, events ( you can decide what in settings)
Why is this needed any more than what already exists? Why does Torn need to make an expensive app that would support LESS platforms than the current site and would require more updating to synch it with every single site change, almost daily... compared to the mobile responsive site...
You mean an app that loads websites and shows them to you?
You must be crazy. That can't happen, too difficult.
In fairness a poplular app that literally just brought you into torn would be fantastic for bringing in new players.
Say it was just a few quick missions you could do that literally the only thing on the screen
-Register
-Buy a weapon
-Train
-Crime
-Attack
-Get a job
BOOM
Click here to begin your journey. > Opens torn in your browser.
and then it was like "begin"
Yeah that would be worth the fortune to develop and market it
Wouldn't be that costly at all could do in house tbh its just a case of only displaying certain things its all the same bar the interface
If an app was made at all, it would have to be a mobile version of city watch. I think that would be hugely popular
Indeed. Currently I find the mobile site terrible. Even on my cell phone I'll use the non mobile site because the buttons are way to close.
This is what I suggested in the main post. It'd be nice to receive notifications on torn saying like your energy is full, you were mugged etc. The mobile layout is absolutely pish it's really hard to click on certain things and I end up missing most times because of my fingers being massive.
which already exists xD
Not for mobile though... Lets be honest the mobile version is basically the same as the web function. An app that is somewhat similar to CityWatch and allows us to do our daily things too would be pretty sick.
There is a player made android city watch app
Is it secure? They'll have my login details which I'm not comfortable about so not entirely sure why people would even use it...
And would cost a small fortune to develop unless it was just a browser skin app - which is essentially what you're getting with mobile torn on respo now.
It's the requirement for it to be secure and plug into the database that's the pain in the arse, not to mention the work that has to go into getting and keeping the app running smoothly on a wide variety of devices as things in torn city are updated over time.
The main thing is the current mobile version is crap relative due to the images are too close. I have big fingers as well and I find that I A) have to zoom in to prevent a misclick B) By the time I zoom I can load the full version to browse C) I don't like the icons I'd rather have pure text even if it was organized 'close' to what the current full site is.
I don't agree with adding functionality such as revives, training, crimes etc., simply an app that sends notifications
What images?
I don't have any problems clicking on mobile torn
Clicking the icons to go to : gym, travel, crimes, and mail, city and points market. All the images are the same size and that is all I really do from my cell phone apart from some forum posting.
Basically any icon I try to hand touch on the mobile version I have issues getting the intended icon because of my hands being too big unless I zoom in to the point that the mobile version's usefulness is defeated.
Even if they doubled the icon sizes I'd see a huge increase in useability.
Think someone has already made a TC city watch app..although the author is now inactive and it appears the app might not be working based on a comment at the end of the thread, dont use the app (windows phone)
http://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=15919042&b=0&a=0