TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ:: Increase education to make it more in line with stat requirements.
At the moment it feels like the work stats are a bit of a joke that are given from Education, given the relative amount that companies now need I propose that we have more job stats gained from Education. I'm not meaning boom 1 year with education they have 70k to all working stats, but I'm thinking something should be done to increase to fit in line with how much more we need for companies for new players.
I would even further advocate adding an education module that focuses on specifically increasing your job stat gains other than Bachelor of General Studies, which only provides a 10% boost. That 10% boost is somewhat trivial with the current figures and often the player can get more meaningful options. I'd like to see that 10% boost actually be worth enough to make players have to think about taking it first or second.
Edit: Another proposal to add to the mix is to as a perk of General Studies allow you to do an education course that is already done over again for an additional gain. If we did that I'd propose that I'd suggest giving the General studies perk the ability to increase stat gains by 2000% to all future education classes. That would make the best jobs still taking years to get to, but make education courses actually worth the time and money for keeping track of rehab. I am estimating about 23k stats a year being generated from courses. This would help speed up growth into the top and middle jobs while allowing small jobs to still be viable.
The problem: Stat requirements are so high that education and jobs don't get you there very quickly. This would cut down the time and allow all other players the chance to use this education update.
To balance the changes I'd propose that all those who completed the educations would get a pro-rated change. It is complicated but would likely result in less players being upset. I'd also say that if all you did was update the general bachelors course to the increase I suggested and add an education module that is repeatable that focuses on increasing work stats rather than actual other perks pro-rating the change might not be necessary as then those who want to focus on stat gains can easily get the gains and those who don't care enough to take the courses we can simply say the option is there.
Another user posted: Also increase education costs so that free education block is worth it again. This may be a little overpowerd but I like it since it would greatly benefit me and many other young players.
My feelings towards this is it would be fair considering the job stats would be more in line with what we need, so price should go up. I've never felt the free education block is worth it except for the dual weapon course.
We would have to be careful though since most employees only make 100k-500k a day from their job (other companies can't compete with Tv Company or Oil Rigs for employee pay and expect to make money); so the courses can't be too expensive I believe no more than 4 million a course (unless it is an extremely exceptional course) would be enough to make the cost of the stock benefit worth putting out the money for and adding an more stinging incentive to rehab frequently with Xanax use.