The cutoff date for being allowed to post in New Players chat shouldn't be 31 days.
It should be pushed up to 100 days.
Countless of my friends here in Torn are stating how anti-social the game has become after the 30 days of New Player Chat is over. And honestly because of the sheer size of a game like this you're going to be a new player way longer than 31 days.
I agree on this! plus they should make vodka in torn!!
If new players think its a good thing then why should I say no. R+
sounds reasonable
I agree, a good idea....say one wrong thing in global chat and BAM - bounty ball with my errrr ummmm a new players head!
R+
Thanks Cookie
Cool
I use Global if I want man, I won't go 70 days without any chat.
I'm just saying that for a lot of new players losing New Players Chat at 30 days is really too early.
It leads to the bounties and older players already have an advantage in that area.
Woops, I misread it.
Good idea, you got my vote!
I 5erenity. Endorse this idea. I had friends in that chat (including Qwes) and my torn play style has grown a lot more quite and a little more uneventful. 30 days is too short. Oh yea, and bump up the easter egg spawn rate by like 5%. I should have atleast found 1 within 5 days I'd think.
Karma for everyone who voted yes on this wonderful idea.
I Would,Argee.
I totally agree, we should have the possibility to have a chat until we're a little bit established.
i agree, and only starting with 10 friend spots it'll give you some time to acquire the points to build more space to stay in touch with everyone. 100 days should give you plenty of time to develop a good network with all the np's and vets you've met.
This is a big one for me too actually glad you brought it up.
30 days really isn't enough time for someone to increase their friends list to a considerable range. Especially with all the nice New Players you'll meet in your time there, you'll want to stay in contact.
you have my r+ ... but for the record i keep in touch with all my friends through mails/chats even though we are not in the same guild... present the IRC idea to some and ask for some help in that regard from someone who has OP knowledge in IRC commands and stuff
Yeah the IRC idea has been brought up within my circle of friends as well and its something we will probably use in the future. However, this is more so just saying that losing the actual New Players Chat shouldn't' happen so early in your Torn Life.
Yeah why not. Rated in the positive.