Don't know if this is how invisible eggs should work or not
Just now i checked my events page while travelling... the image of the supposed egg was slower to load so i noticed it's location, even though it didn't appear later... but i hovered over it and it was a clickable link ... i have copied the image location if that helps
Same thing happened to me again 1 minute ago... two times in the same page, took a picture of the first one, the egg was in the
circle.
http://i.imgur.com/SrjMeUT.png
Well....
http://i.imgur.com/JjD7QGz.png
They're invisible eggs, don't click them.
Surely they could just set the egg to be invisible in its CSS? That way real people won't get caught out (and tbh the invisible eggs would've been better if they hadn't been mentioned cause now script writers could simply account for that)
Edit: I actually found an egg on this post, thanks :D
yeah i know but i haven't been able to click them before... that's what's weird
So your argument is that now that scripters are aware of the existence of invisible eggs they can evaluate any pages with eggs with their script and exclude the invisible ones?
So, if the code of the page/s included some type of CSS modification in the same source code, your argument is that they couldn't be selectively targeted to only 'click' the real ones?
.....
To me it's very simple. If you can't *see* the egg, don't click on it!
Yeah I clicked one on so hoping they don't think I'm a bot
1st paragraph: Yes that is my argument.
2nd paragraph: Not at all my argument - but I imagine it's already done with CSS z-indexing, which is easy enough to check for (I haven't actually explored the egg hiding mechanism myself)
The idea being that if the page loads correctly, the egg would be hidden regardless of the speed of connection, or if objects on the page change (such as when things expand/contract), whereas under the current scheme, people are clearly seeing it without scripting
Sidenote - "If you can't *see* the egg, don't click on it!" does make sense but a haunting glimpse might make you think it's buggy and you still click it thinking it would work
Thank you for the CSS primer.
Now, what I should have said is probably "don't make a habit of clicking on invisible eggs." You'll probably find that just makes them spawn more and the real eggs less. The announcement said admin won't discuss any methods or procedures for dealign with peopel who are suspected of scripting this event, but I know there was a bug early on where invisible eggs were appearing as real eggs (visible) and we were not (automatically) penalized for clicking on them.
I should think the same is still true now, unless you're making a habit of searching for and clicking on all the invisible eggs you can Ctrl + A your way to.
On a side note, I have been asked a couple of times already if I can modify my city finds hilighting script to hilight the eggs. Of course I said no, but you can be sure, if the comp can be 'fast-tracked' in some way, someone's already trying/doing it - so please don't act like this is such a huge convenience that's deliberately targetting the honest players.
Now I am done in this thread, as it is bugs & issues not "whinge about invisible eggs" forum.
My apologies to staff for somewhat derailing this thread.
I've got an invisible egg on this thread, and it's right over thumbs down button. If I chose to hit thumbs down without paying attention to the URL that was actually being pointed to, I'd inadvertently click an invisible egg. Hmmm this may be hurting legit players.
Clicking on some of them wouldn't hurt you (I've done it unknowingly at first, and Ched mentioned something about that later on). Making it a habit to click on most of them will.
And to OP: This is how they work, they are click-able.
I just found an invisible egg precisely over the "Subscribe to this thread" button on another page - thankfully I was undecided if I would do so so I saw the link popup in the bottom left.
I would definitely now say there SHOULD be a tolerance for people clicking them if they appear over other clickables.
Edit: Can provide image proof (with element highlighted thanks to chrome's popout console)