Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A story '

Started by Scorpi0 [1328362] on in Graveyard.

45 replies · 291 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 46 / 46 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
46
Discussion span
→
Authority score
21 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Company 52780 ×1

Scorpi0 [1328362]

(A Torn story, Told as if in the real world)

After leaving a previous Job that paid $250k per day due to being offered a better wage from a company that never came through... I deciding to move to the city where I found myself searching for work. The job market being a tough mistress I spent several days searching, looking for somewhere I could apply. Hoping to cover my fairly high rent of $200k per day I decided to look around and messaged a local company known as Holes With Poles. The director [1510489] seemed nice at first, offering me a fairly reasonable salary of $650k. For a while everything seemed fine, with me slowly growing out of the debt I had accumulated... until it happened.

The director decided he wanted to pay less money to his workers in order to cut costs by $3M, by essentially reducing the pay of everyone by $300k. The incentive that made all his workers work harder was being removed. While the director used the reasoning that we could all buy thongs, I saw a flaw. I didn't want to be paid a much lower amount that barely covered my salary and live without the job security that the director wouldn't lay me off before I got a Thong.

Naturally I was disappointed, however I tried to explain that cutting the prices would mean that I would barely be able to afford the rent. I had been promised a salary and been living off that salary for a while and despite the director originally seeming alright to talk about it. Eventually I forgot all about the pay cuts and began gambling trying to earn more money, safe on the belief that I'd be able to cover the slowly growing loan via the income I was receiving.

Yet then I receive a message in the mailbox, a one day warning about pay changes. The director had decided to go through with it despite my comments to him. Desperately I left instantly, hoping I could find a new job quickly to cover my loan before the pay cut arrived the next day though after several applications, nothing turned out.

As the debt increased I knew my remaining savings wouldn't be enough to sustain me for long... then the phone rings. Its the director again. He is naturally annoyed that I wouldn't continue working for him for less money, raging at me for quitting. After apologising and explaining to him that I needed the money, he insults me then threatens me, calling me petty for worrying about affording the rent and threatening that he will message any future employers a message in order to prevent me getting hired, hanging up the phone.

I look back at the newspaper, realising I have been replaced instantly, likely by another young member foolish enough to trust someone who values their company over their employees. With a disgruntled sigh I flick through the jobs looking for a possible opening before the tax man comes...


Beerstein [1322136]

Suck a D self entitled employee, directors usually get less profits than any employee after pay and advertising, also they have to do more than "log in daily".

"Desperately I left instantly, hoping I could find a new job quickly to cover my loan before the pay cut arrived the next day though after several applications, nothing turned out."

then you didn't look very hard considering how much cash most of us throw at you worthless peasants.

Also you're damn right I value my company over my employees, I make a net loss to get 10*s for the same specials they're working in my company to get, I'm in it for the company bank to store cash easily and that means sadly having to deal with the filthy peasantry Torn has to offer.

You got a problem working for the man? You try to start up a company and find employees.
Scorpi0 [1328362]

@Beerstein

A company wouldn't hire employee's unless they need them, they should also set a pay and stick to it, not ask for peoples opinions and then lower it anyway despite the employees disliking it. I am not asking, wanting or desiring people to send me cash. I think doing that is just ruining the fun of the game. I just hope to find a better job where if director asks for an employee's opinion, they actually listen and not threaten me.
Beerstein [1322136]

I fully intend to lower my pay to $0 when I get 10*s, if my employees have a problem with that too bad it's not going to be hard to replace them with the specials from the 10* company I sunk money into. My pay to them is an investment in my future specials for my own personal piggy bank if they don't like the specials as much as I do they can piss off.

Fact is I own 3 companies and 0 of them turn a profit, once they get 10*s my personal piggybanks will still turn almost no profit and will NEVER pay for themselves, so again deal with it you filthy peasant. He probably shoulda cut your pay a long time ago.
Beerstein [1322136]

Filthy butthurt peasants. Peasants shouldn't even be allowed start threads, they should charge $ per thread.
Scorpi0 [1328362]

I question why I couldn't simply share this without people thinking I am begging for cash or Beerstein going fully insane over the fact that people who work would like to be paid. Maybe I just valued the community as being better than this.

Edit; Nothing emphasises that you are childish more than when you come to a topic only to complain about said topic and then spam me with bounties, Beerstein. Thanks for proving that point.
animelive [1564720]

Ignore that abusive nerd, pretty sad these kind of people are in the commitee. I personally wouldn't pay that much and probably agree with beerstein on cutting pay when i hit 10* . Its just that at its current form, companies make no money at all for them to be worth it to directors. However if directors say that they will pay a salary and then rage when they cut it, that is pretty pathetic.
Beerstein [1322136]

Pretty much sums it up, all the butthurt peasants downrating while they gouge innocent directors that actually put effort into earning their money is amusing. Apparently "logging in daily" is so difficult for these peasants that they think they're entitled to specials along with all the cash the company makes and then some. They're lucky we need personal piggy banks or they'd all be screwed.

@scorpio, you asked for pay you got it.
Scorpi0 [1328362]

Not sure why you got that idea from... I used to earn $650k per day in the company. The company earned $7.5 per day and chose to pay its members varying amounts from $350-950k. I was in the middle of that. Everyone had a drop by $300k meaning their were some unlucky lower members who are likely stuck being paid $50k.
Scorpi0 [1328362]

Isn't that precisely what you did also? Plus you were generally rude to me and virtually everyone who agreed in this topic evident from your posts.

The director was rude and acted immature, yet I get punished for asking for people to be nice and down voting someone like yourself who is swearing at people, calling people butt hurt and thinking they can treat others badly?
Then you bounty me for disliking you, as if disliking a rude comment is some great offense? :L
Beerstein [1322136]

The company earned 7m per WEEK not day you uneducated peasant. With 10 employees he was paying out 6.5m a DAY at the wage you were earning. You complained because he lowered it to 3m a day in wages while he continues to earn 670k a day (not counting any overhead costs like advertising. Sick sick uneducated self entitled peasant. No wonder you can't find another job. You had a director that was probably spending around 70m a week on employees and advertising while making 7m back and you expect more.

@meninblack I love kitkats ^_^
Tundra [552257]

Soooo, you're reporting any comment that disagrees with you?

But ones that call someone an 'abusive nerd' are okay. Got it