Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Any opinions on certain enhancers?

Started by Tiresias [46989] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 287 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Tiresias [46989]

I bought the fanny pack enhancer for the pawn shop crime. I know it is recommended to have at least a natural crime bar of at least 35 in order to even try to attempt this crime with any regularity. I haven't done it regularly or anything. I want to know if any of you have an opinion about how much edge this enhancer really gives. The fire proof lighter seemed to almost guarantee success in the arson crime as it has been a while since I was busted on that crime since having it.
1413750 [1413750]

See my 3 posts in a row in this thread.

The TLDR is that each crimes has a success rate cap, which you will hit once you have optimal (or above optimal) crime experience (CE) for that crime. eg. for warehouse arson it's ~ 96% greens, the other 4% being reds and browns.

So if you have optimal or above optimal CE for a crime, no boosters (merit upgrades, factions specials etc..) will help you achieve a higher success than the success rate cap of the crime.

Using an enhancer seems to give you ~ a 3% boost and will help you succeed more, but most likely not at the success rate cap of the crime.

Mentions: CE

austere [1633961]

pawn shop is a very very difficult crime with a very low success rate and also has a devastating effect for a failure. even if you have fanny pack, do not try this. you will get caught in every two attempt if you are very lucky!
1413750 [1413750]

Very sorry I have to CORRECT MYSELF here.

I was afk for ~ 1 year. I forgot that before I left, I had started to test enhancers by doing 1k of a crime without the enhancer (put it in my DC) and then 1k of the crime with the enhancer. I forgot about it because I only got going on the 2nd crime, so I'm not saying my results are conclusive, not by a LONG shot.

The results I got for GTA1 with the screwdriver though, did show an improvement (~ 3% extra success). As I said, it's only 1 crime tested so far, and if I can be bothered I'll do the others at some stage too (unless Ched changes them).

But you can see from the results I did do, there is a success rate cap, and the enhancer did seem to help!

[image: oi58.tinypic.com]

Google Spreadsheet


So it seems the other things don't affect the success rate, but enhancers DO (from preliminary results of course). My apologies for the error!
1413750 [1413750]

I had 5k happy everytime I did crimes (I use chocolate truffles to refill my happy to full after I go to the gym) so that was not a variable in my testing then.
OTHELLO [890484]

very nice link. good of you to share. i agree with your finding. its a small improvement but it doesnt guarantee success in any crime.
Rino_007 [344056]

Okay fair enough. I didn't do a thorough test of it but my gut is telling me that it does have a factor. I did slightly test it (many years ago). But I'm not prepared to take a leap on dangerous crimes just to research that, at the point I'm at I only really worry about failing the obvious hard crimes.
1413750 [1413750]

Happy certainly affects crime success rate. Ched already confirmed as much, so I didn't bother testing that.

My testing has nothing to do with happy though, which is why I made sure to rule it out as a contributing factor. My testing is geared towards testing:

a. Whether there is a success rate cap on crimes (there is).
b. Whether a crime enhancer has a positive effect on crimes which you exceed the optimal CE required for (they do).


[image: oi58.tinypic.com]