Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Favourite Series?

Started by Neopolitan [276835] on in Art & Literature.

31 replies · 301 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

WindDancer [424299]

Hmmm... well this is going to be in no particular order...except the first series...
Harry Potter... I have read and reread the books. When they first came out, I can say I 100% had no interest in reading a book series about wizards. My actual reaction was "what the honest f**k?"...and then I picked up the first book a few years down the road, and didn't look back. It opened up a lot of reading options for me, so I'm glad I finally read the series.
Game of Thrones, though a little hard at first to keep up with all the characters, the books are fantastic.
Lord of the Rings, let's face it... it's Lord of the f**king Rings.
The Hunger Games - who doesn't like to send their children off to kill each other?
The Eve Duncan series, Iris Johansen was the first author to really get me into reading, and by that I mean not reading graphic novels, etc...
The Wind Dancer series by Iris Johansen (and now you know where my name came from)


Honestly there are just so many books that I read, but these are the books that I'd be most willing to read again, and again.
Tecolote [1874925]

I love tons of series however my all time favorite is the Belgariad by David Eddings. I like the Mallorean a lot too but the Belgariad is much better in my opinion. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.
E_Murda [498834]

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Maze Runner series

Divergent series

Jack Reacher series (movie sucked, yes i know, the books are way better
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

SPQR is my favorite series. I had to read the first one for a class in college. I finished it and bought the next 9 off of Amazon. I have started losing interest in them, I never finished the last one. The first 8 or 9 were fantastic.
Phobos [1982408]

This is really hard(that's what she said). I don't think I could ever pick a single series and I've enjoyed a lot of the books already listed(the Drizzt books, Harry Potter, ASOIF would all definitely get honorable mentions).

However if I had to pick a few series' as my absolute favorites they would probably have to be the below..

The Malazan Books of the Fallen- Steven Erikson
Takeshi Kovacs(books)- Richard K Morgan
Dune- Frank Herbet
Foundation Series- Issac Asimov
Vampire Chronicles- Ann Rice
Roma Sub Rosa- Steven Saylor
The Dark Tower Series- Stephen King
The First Law- Joe Abercrombie
Sharpe Series- Bernard Cornwell

I'm just going to stop here because I'm realizing now that my "few" could quickly become a list of a couple dozen...
EIle [1973615]
  • Dragonriders of Pern
  • GoT
  • LotR
  • Harry Potter
  • Tamora Pierce book series
Yeah... fantasy books (especially those with dragons) are awesome. *lol*

[:cool:]