14 replies · 290 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
Most-liked replies
Penicillin[1517799]Committee
· 2 likes · The table above, which I created, assumes taking three xanax per day. If you sacrifice your beauty sleep and take xanax at a rate faster than 3 per day, you will need to take less. Slower rate, more. A good …
bogie[148747]Admin
· 1 likes · Ecstasy is out of date, but the rest is fine. The only thing that's changed is the amount of addiction that's removed over time, which has been increased. I'd rather be under on the amount that will kick you rather …
Per old system which isn't that far off current: 11 xanax .... but really all you need to do is watch for the Grey Brain icon to show up left column under "Information". Once that shows up to be on the safe side, I'd fly to rehab. We have Herm X and I do go as far as seeing a bit of red.
Ecstasy is out of date, but the rest is fine. The only thing that's changed is the amount of addiction that's removed over time, which has been increased.
I'd rather be under on the amount that will kick you rather than over though, just to be on the safe side.
As for updating the guide... when 2.0 comes around... maybe I might brute force it again like that, but it all depends on the circumstances required for it I suppose. There's much less of a need for such things these days with the extra indicators we have for addiction now.
How quickly you take drugs actually factors in a lot more now. Those numbers would be for taking drugs as quickly as possible but if you take a day off or even just take 1 or 2 xan a day your actual max is increase the more slowly you take them. I don't even keep track anymore, I just look at the addiction brain when it turns all light pink I got to rehab unless I'm warring then I go when addiction kicks in.
The table above, which I created, assumes taking three xanax per day. If you sacrifice your beauty sleep and take xanax at a rate faster than 3 per day, you will need to take less. Slower rate, more.
A good rule of thumb if you don't want to pay attention is to go rehab when you get the 2nd degree fried brain icon.
Previously, every time I'd post it I gave credit, it got boring and nobody seemed to care :P
Anyways, I tried going over the rate of 3 xanax per day (Taking a xanax the minute the cooldown from previous one ends, done 4 in the same day twice, going by the date in the event) and taking the -6% stats reduction as an indicator.
(You can see this in my stats graph between April 02 and April 05)
The effect of doing that surprised me. I hit the -6% with only about 16 taken, where I usually get to -6% with 22 taken if doing 3 semi-spaced daily like a normal druggie.
With the natural addiction decay as high as it is, it really depends on the rate that you are taking xanax.
With only one a day on Herm VIII, you could possibly take 100s before the education kick.
I reckon that looking at the passive stat penalty from addiction is the most reliable thing. Personally, I'd rehab whenever anything shows, but you could probably afford to let it go higher than -1%