Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

improving egg comp

Started by DJDaN [1833763] on in Graveyard.

45 replies · 501 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 46 / 46 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
46
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DJDaN [1833763]

To me this competition is really boring, iv got to the point of not even looking anymore.

What changes/improvement woud you recommend for future egg hunts?



DJDaN [1833763]

Maybe give better prizes....i hear if u eat the gold egg u get 250 happy...but thts the same prize if u find the blue spawned egg..makes no since

And scraping it doesnt sound to bad.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

the gold egg is the most efficient happiness booster in torn because of that :P

the spawn rates are just too low though, the intention from the start has been to discourage script use... but all making the spawn rate ridiculously low does is make people want to use scripts more so that they won't miss any of the seldom seen eggs :/

I've had at best 1 egg a day, today was the first time I'd found one in nearly 3 days though... and I'm still in the top 1% of players in torn who've found eggs... not ideal for most :/ I get that they're supposed to be uncommon... but not to the point where it's just frustrating
DJDaN [1833763]

Do some really buy gold eggs to increase their happy?
How much is a gold egg and is it worth it?
grandad83 [1775394]

This is the first time I have played the easter egg hunt and to begin with I really enjoyed the "hunt" because it encouraged me to access other parts of Torn City that I had previously not really shown an interest in.

I managed to find a couple of eggs in the first couple of days and then found nothing over the next 9 days. Because of that alone I lost interest and stopped "playing the game".

Now ( getting to my point ) I understand that you can't give loads of these eggs away otherwise they wouldn't be as valuable/collectible etc but surely You should be able to collect at least one full set over the course of one competition, with maybe a yearly bonus something as i have noticed there are other special year items .

I don't think the competition should be scrapped but I do think that maybe there should be slightly more available inclusion .

Also just to finish off I think this is a great game overall and I really appreciate the work that goes into building( not sure if this is the correct word) a site like this so A big thank you to all involved:-)
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

No probably not, just figured it was a useless yet interesting piece of Torn trivia :P

For the same amount of booster cooldown as an erotic DVD (which gives 2.5k happy) enough gold eggs would give 3k happy... albeit for around 7x the cost... for an extra 500 happiness it's hardly worth it realistically.
Jorn [251329]

The problem is that it is less of an egg hunt and more of a 'be lucky that one spawns for you'

It would have been more fun if in addition to this, there were a few eggs (like 2) hidden across torn from the start, just for you, they would stay there until you actually picked them up. At least then there really is something to hunt for.
Daneel_Olivaw [1736842]

A "competition" should require skill...finding eggs is luck, not skill

Two suggestions might be:
For every hour you spend actively reading/posting in the forums you should have a 20% chance of finding an egg

For every action performed you should have a 5% chance of finding one

Since it bagan, I've found 3 green eggs, 1 blue, 1 pink, and 1 black
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee

Mega lame due to the low spawn rate. I remember in previous years doing a lot of trading of eggs and in general, it was a chance to make a little bit of money. No fun in it this year because barely any eggs are being found.
SilentSteg [1606156]

Having slow connection and using CTRL+A i am finding more invisable eggs (roughly 3 per day) than anything else, i have found a total of 5 eggs up to now so i am not complaining, just seems the more active people are finding more invisable eggs than real ones
Malfurion [796969]

Oddly enough, despite the randomness and, at times, tediousness of this event, it's actually one of my favorites. It' one of the few contests that the upper echelon of players can't "game" to win (like the World War event, Mr/Mrs Torn, or dog tags, for example). No amount of money, stats, or popularity will give you an edge this month - it's all your own individual effort, with a bit of luck. Maybe that's why so many people don't like it as much.

I think it's a nice little change of pace, and a relaxing way to make a little bit of money (or a "lot" if you're a new player) and a merit.
CastleQueen [1735522]

But it's hard to base it on skill- if you base it on Torn skill, i.e. stats then it's obvious who will win and newer players won't be interested but if you base it on skills like creative stuff like writing stories or drawing then... well, you can see how popular the 'community events' were...

But if you base it on luck like the egg comp then if you have the spawn rate like it is now people will complain about not finding enough eggs but if you raise it too high then it'll encourage multies...

Basically it's pretty hard to find a good sort of balance that'll keep everyone interested.

Also, I think it is already based on activity to some degree as well as the luck element.