Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Driving test

Started by Lisa96 [1734478] on in General Non-related.

32 replies · 175 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
20 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Lisa96 [1734478]

How many lessons did you take before you passed your driving test or how many hours ?

I heard the average is 40+ hours ?

uk btw ;)
Carrot [276687]

I'm practicing with my father since I'm over 18. We've driven... idk he was supposed to keep track but he hasn't been... maybe 15 to 20 hours?

I've gone onto an interstate highway once. Thought I was going to die and take out a dozen people with me, lol. But I'm comfortable driving in my own neighborhood (minus the bikers).
Carrot [276687]

I'm getting there. My driving is apparently good, but I get overwhelmed by other people and I still have trouble paying attention to multiple tasks at once.
But after learning the basics, I find that I can push myself more and improve faster than before when I was stuck in the parking lots. :P
Remilia [1284087]

I find highway driving to be rather pleasant. Sure, your going 80+mph but it's in a nice straight line and all the other cars are predictable. Narrow streets in big cities are crazy however.
Lisa96 [1734478]

Where you from ?

i don't mind straight bits either it's the junctions I hate cause I hate lifting the clutch and roundabouts because I don't know when to go lol
nas [573498]

i just got my full g license last week. never really took any lessons besides an hour of driving as part of a course for reduced insurance rates. the guy who took me on that test was actually recently arrested for sexually assaulting some girl during her lesson[:dizzy:]
Yeret [1859926]

Ah, I'm reminded of driver's ed. Brings back...ahem...memories...

I can't stand people looking over my shoulder when I'm doing anything. As such, I was a nervous, sometimes brainless, wreck during driving tests. Let's see, I nearly sideswiped someone changing lanes, would've run a stop sign if it wasn't for the "teacher" brake on the passenger side, stopped in the middle of a busy intersection for no apparent reason, and some other crap I can't be bothered to remember, LOL.

I ended up miraculously passing though and boy oh boy what a difference it made getting to drive alone without someone hawking my every action. Fast forward several years and now I happily zip along at 50+ MPH on gravel roads just for kicks. 65 MPH speed limit? Pfft, 80 MPH or nothing. Hell, I used to wind my Prelude north of 100 if it was a smooth stretch. Wooo!