Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nerve bar refill

Started by Prdoch [1879708] on in Questions & Answers.

41 replies · 1.05k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DoctorSpooge [1037092]

It is and it isn't. It purely depends on how often you perform crimes/the nerve needed for these crimes.

If you have lets say 25 nerve, and you want it refilled to do two crimes that will earn you about 15k (if you're lucky) you'll have lost out on 25 points @ on average 60k each.

Entirely up to the user.
Rino_007 [344056]

So usually no, not from a profit perspective unless chasing merits. You'd have to make 1.5 million or more to get your money's worth out of a point refill unless you are chasing merits. But if you are doing that much why not bother with trying to get cheap bottles of beer?
DOG_SOLDIER [1505500]

no i dont think they are, you can spend points on more useful areas like energy or merits. your nerve bar refills quicker than you think and you can get boosters like bottles of beer and other alcoholic drinks to gain nerve. drugs such as LSD give you +5 nerve along with happiness and energy and cannabis can somtimes give you 1 or 2 so if you are drug free then there good too.

that being said if you rich and can afford to use points then it doesnt matter and dont forget to join a good faction and use merits you increase nerve bar size to make a refill more effective.
Hobbie [443763]

If you have around a 40 nerve bar it's better to use a points refill than alcohols (other than beers), so by that token it's worth it. Even more so once you're over 50. It's not going to be a profit making endeavour, unless you get particularly lucky with hacking one day - but as crimes are about the experience and the merits associated, it could be worthwhile.
Tigrrrrrr [132684]

Depends on how much disposable cash you have. The more you do, the faster you progress. Every refill you don't do is an opportunity lost.
Marky [352379]

I use a nerve refill every day, but that is only because I want to get through the 10,000 drug crimes as fast as possible. From a monetary gain standpoint it really isn't worth it given the current price of points.
1875860 [1875860]

Are crimes the best way to level up? Do you have any numbers to back this up. I had always believed crimes didn't matter much except for crime xp.
Rino_007 [344056]

I'd say attacking and leaving is truly the fastest, mugging isn't so bad either. But those cost energy so out of the things that cost the 'least' crimes would probably be the 'cheapest'.

Edit: For Clarity I value my energy far more than my nerve. But if I focus on crimes I might be able to make ~500k-1 million a day doing kidnap mayor (safe crime). However doing a Hacking crime could earn me 400k in a single success but doing so for a prolonged period of time would destroy my nerve bar in the process. I value my nerve bar more than 400k; ergo I do safe crimes.

For 25 energy I can do a mugging and I aim for >1 million per mug otherwise I feel like I wasted my energy. With how active I am that translates into I could (and should) earn 20- 30 million per day **mugging** if I hit my target amount per mug. I could never reach that with crimes unless I pull a PA off (which I can't).
1875860 [1875860]

Thanks for clarifying that.

I've found attacking and leaving very effective. I guess crimes are indeed a very good option when you prefer not to spend any energy on leveling.
dunmugmeh [538353]

I have been using nerve refills for many many years and my nerve bar being upgraded 10 times was one of the first things i did as well.

Crimes are great for gaining merits, they are good for levelling as well.

I am number 8 in the crime hall of fame and its not all joke crimes either :P
hill007 [1616770]

I have never refilled my NB
Crimes are not really an important part of the game for me
A refill of Energy is quite a different matter tho!
KPCSlor [1557404]

Took me 3.5 years, but I finally started doing a daily Nerve refill on top of my daily energy refill

So if you can afford it I say go for it. I reset my merits yesterday and put the ones I no longer use into nerve to make the refills more effective.

Those crime honors/medals aren't going to earn themselves!
_Oberon_ [1109389]

Agree with this ^

Once you can comfortably refill your energy everyday and feed your drug habit, start refilling your nerve. Wish I'd started doing it sooner...
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

i use mine everyday. my primary aim is to gain merits so its worth it to work on my crime medals. if youre not into all that then no its not worth it lol.
Daddy [1321993]

I can't afford the points to upgrade my nerve daily, yet. I try to do the energy refill daily, and that keeps me honest with my money, spending it mostly on points/flowers/plushies to maintain an adequate number of points. I'm not sure how/when I'll ever be rich enough with a solid income stream to warrant refilling my nerve bar. But that is one of my next goals...