Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stuck at Class B

Started by RavenDeRopa [1829643] on in Racing.

8 replies · 215 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
RavenDeRopa [1829643]

I made it to Class B for racing about a week ago and haven't been able to get anything above a 5th place since. Usually in past classes it didn't take this long for me to be able to place in 3rd, where I can start earning points, but this time there have been races where I'm in last place with over a minute between me and the person that places one above me. I've tried using three different car but that hasn't seemed to help at all (Two Class B, and my Class C that I had been using and is better than my Class B cars in every way except the acceleration) and don't have any racing points to try and make them any better.

What else should I do to try and get my racing results higher? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

--Leopard
Yeret [1859926]

I started Class B with a pretty beefed up Honda Integra (Class C) and regularly placed 3rd on up right from the start. I actually had a pretty easy time in Class B.

What upgrades does your Class C car have? Driver skill? Any points leftover?
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Moving to B class, and even moreso when moving to A class, it's important to have points to upgrade a car. If you move up and you've already spent all your upgrade points, it's very rough. In A class, the vast majority of racers are driving fully outfitted cars, so if you don't have many points to do upgrades when you reach that level, then you've put yourself in a tough spot.

Long races, 100 laps, will help build your driver skill. Worst case, you might have to get a job with a company that has racing points as a job perk.
RavenDeRopa [1829643]

Unfortunately I used up the remainder of my 67-ish racing points on my Lotus to try to upgrade it. I also have a Porsche with no upgrades which I got in an attempt to have a better vehicle after the fact. The Corvette car I had for C had almost all of the best upgrades I could get at the time and won quite a few races for me then. However, it doesn't help at all now.


Jorn [251329]

Obviousely your problem is having spent all your points on the C-car and having none left for a B-car.

I'd suggest finding a job in a company that has a special that gives you racing points, this will allow you to start building a car that can win races. There is 1 B-car that jumps out from the rest, the Nissan Cosworth, it is easily capable of beating any A-class car on the mudpit track, and is also capable of going toe to toe with other A-cars on maps like hammerhead, so bonus points if you get one of those an upgrade it, because it will still be usefull in A-class. But since it only works on a few maps, you may need some patience to actually end up on those 3 maps it excells at.
Guy_Smiley [668097]

It works well on those tracks early on..mudpit it will will always rule..two islands..parkland.hammerhead..and stone island..it will place when you first get to class a..but as your driver skill increases and your opponents get stronger it is no longer competitive in those races..only mudpit..but it is a good car early on in class a
RavenDeRopa [1829643]

Obviously, if you read my previous comment I said I had 67 ish points for my Lotus (a class B), so I didn't spend all of the points on my C.



Anyways, thanks everyone for your input. I'll do my best to just be patient and keep trying.