Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Merits

Started by daCampa [169777] on in General Discussion.

16 replies · 501 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100
daCampa [169777]

So, I give up on luck and buy the last egg, go to the Merits thingy to spend it ad I get this:
You have 1 extra merits which have been deducted. (295 / 296)

And lose it.

Anyone knows why/how I had an extra merit?

EDIT: this is more a question than a matter of general discussion, sry for posting on the wrong forum
Adamantium [1896181] Wiki Contributor
the good friday tag.. ;)
x_x ... I posted too soon... x_x
Sorry.. :(

It sounds like something a pro-helper would know.. :(
Hunter_Pman [51808]

Same here :'(
I would like to know what's the deal with this

http://s3.amazonaws.com/profileimages.torn.com/51a4e955-deb0-c035-51808.jpg


daCampa [169777]

My theory now is that since i don't have the blood thingy course I've lost the right to the biology bachelor, but I might be wrong.
In case I'm right though, are we getting the merit back after we take that course, since the honor bar is still here.
Horica [69307]

guess it's a mass thing.. As I had lost one merit too...I haven't done anything special.. just went to the Merit page using [use] link >.<'
maybe some staff willing to explain the the event....
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I deleted 120,000 duplicate medals today which were credited between 2005 and 2012. This would probably have been the cause.
beavisrules [257596]

These things happen.
as well as this recent one, I had same in 2009 , but at least then had the decency to give me an event explaining.

"You were given an award/merit accidentally, it has been removed from your account. If you used it, your merits will now be in the minus and can be brought back up when you achieve more awards. 2009/03/10 10:31:13 PM "
SurgeonGeneral [360740]

What merit did I lose? I did survive a torn restart, I believe. Many years ago. Maybe before there was a merit for it. Well, it was down for either a few days to a week. Not sure if that was a restart or not. We all got like a million dollars or some points, and then something about being able to keep the donator perks if we didn't keep donator status, like notebook, friends lists.


[image: s10.postimg.org]

The date I have on this file is Saturday, October 21, 2006, 2:00:11 AM
I have been through several different computers, but it's on the original hard drive.


I don't think I ever had the honor/merit, but over all I am interested in what merit was in duplicate.
-nightwalker- [448995]

Seems a bit late to deduct duplicate medals from 3-10 years ago. I'm happy I only lost one merit, any other retro-active changes we should be worried about?