Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Token Shop

Started by DangerousJD [424296] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 204 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

DangerousJD [424296]

I purchased an honor bar and did not receive a merit as it states on page..
"Buy unique honour bars with your competition tokens. Each purchased honour bar comes with a free merit."
Yaz [1575994]

All of you guys are with old ID's. There was an issue which is probably related to this, you had 1 merit before which you shouldn't have had in first place.

That was fixed recently and 1 merit was taken from you, that might explain the missing merit you're talking about.


Check this thread for reference about said bug.

Mentions: Medals

SuperSkunk [572587]

i lost a merit too, had 1 merit before, bought 2 with egg tokens and now have 2 merits total.
I'm putting this one under; Age does'nt come alone.
Yaz [1575994]

Those who had no merits got the next one they get immediately deducted. This is completely unrelated to the token shop, and it's not directly related to you being with older ID.

All I'm saying is the glitch they fixed was only affecting older players (They had a duplicate merit). Check the link I posted above for the related bug report. Or just wait for an admin and see their reply, since staff marked this thread as confirmed now.
DangerousJD [424296]

Does not apply to me anyways Yaz... I did not play at the given time that Ched stated (2012 and 2005) that, in that thread you posted, and it had nothing to do with the Easter Egg Hunt, the token shop is new.




Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Are you really that dumb that you cannot understand the simplicity of why you didn't get a merit? lol

God the people in this game amaze me....
DangerousJD [424296]

I never had duplicate medals though, because I stopped playing on Torn during that time frame. So How would I have received those duplicates?
catosil [194290]

so we get screwed because the system messed up? especially as it would be going back 10 years? no reward for helping to keep the game going that long? wow!!!! After all its not like we cheated the system to get a duplicate.
Jorn [251329]

I've got to stop your right there.

you HAVE received a reward for playing that long, you got it through the years of service medal alone.

The duplicate merit, if I'm right, was due to getting the 'beginner' rank award twice. I remember it once sitting there on top of my recent awards list after I had returned to playing the game, thought nothing of it at the time, but I was already level 38 or so by the time and waaay past beginner.

So yea.. I bought 2 honor bars, merit count went up by one. Well, big deal. there will be more merits.

And if the system were to hickup and transfer all your items, money, and properties to another player, do you think the other player should keep all those unearned items, money and properties, while you get a full refund too?
lile [15060]

I traded for the easter honor bar,
received the 20 points honor bar but not the merit.
now my merits show
Available Merits: -1 | Merits Used: 273

what duplicate would that have been?


DangerousJD [424296]

This all don't make any sense.... I also traded my eggs for the honor bar and 20 points I did not know we get a merit also with that, so I didn't receive that one also, at the time of this egg hunt I had 0 merits and did not see any merit at all for either the trading of eggs or tokens for honor bar in the token shop.

I also would like to know the duplicate, because in that time frame expansion I never played Torn I had quit for 5 years during that time. I just don't get it. I know it's just a merit, or two... but still... Also I can say awhile back I seen my merits drop, but made no bug report of it, just let it slide, than this happens and thought something was going on for it to be continuing evidently.