56 replies · 911 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:57 / 57 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
57
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
SurgeonGeneral[360740]
· 13 likes · I think you need a joint.
INTJ[1436003]
· 3 likes · I lost 99% of everything thing I had in the game which was around ~12B+ before I took a 1 year break due to RL issues. Came back to torn around December. I've earned and then lost nearly 10B or …
bogie[148747]Admin
· 3 likes · Reading this thread reminds me why I've never gambled...
i see some of Torn player older age but Low stats and small house to live in i contacted with some of them and found they are lost all money in casino and they are trying to get up again i'm one of them i lost all my money about 4 or 5 times before ... yesterday was last one i think total loss is about 5 : 6 Bil and i'll start again from Zero today .... so everyone did that before can tell us here what he did to get up again
Never happened to me, honestly just stop gambling. The best "get rich quick" scheme is simply not to gamble. I've given away tens of billions to other players and have never gambled. The more money you have the faster you can make it as long as you don't gamble. Flower running is quite lucrative these days so I'd start there then work my way to stocks. If you need quick early cash you are in a decent position to do runaways, the stronger you are the better pay you'll be getting. If you can get better pay off collecting bounties you can do that instead of runaways, but runaways SHOULD be more lucrative.
Honestly with a lot of effort and cutting yourself off from gambling at your stats you should be able to recover all 5-6b in a few months. You have like 7 years into this game so it shouldn't be a huge deal for you. Just focus on earning instead of gambling, you'll find a whole new light so to speak.
I did a little math and starting with $0 you should easily be able to land over 50m on your first day alone, even if you kept that rate up with no improvement you're looking at 100 days to recover 6b. Might make one wonder why you ever gambled.
I lost 99% of everything thing I had in the game which was around ~12B+ before I took a 1 year break due to RL issues.
Came back to torn around December. I've earned and then lost nearly 10B or more since then while gambling. Almost the entire time I've been back I have been on about 3 xanax a day, daily refill and donor status (PI isn't exactly required when your stats are capped). Sure, due to my ups and down I can't afford regular rehab but I still take care of that during my up swing periods to keep my stats effective. So that means I haven't finished all of the education courses. Who cares? I've done all the ones related to combat already and managed to finish the blood bag course without issue.
Never have I asked for charity or a handout since coming back. I did however receive about 1.7B from a friend which I promptly turned into nearly 4B before losing it over a couple of weeks from some very poor decisions on my part lol.
Anyway, who cares about being rich or being back "Up" to where you were. When I have money I just give it to friends around me anyhow. I never earned my nest egg by gambling my up there so I shouldn't expect to get back up by gambling. I gamble for fun and the thrill of winning, not to become Torn's richest... that would be foolish. Sure losing sucks and starting from scratch weekly or even daily sometimes is a pain but I very much enjoy the ride.
How do I maintain it all? Short and simple, mugging. Someone bought something off me? Mug them. Just bought something? Mug the seller, bazaars btw, not someone you just completed a trade with. That's a dick move. Poker timeout? Mug them (excluding poker friends) because someone not sitting at the table will try anyway so I consider it fair game. Stalking high value items when they're getting sold? Again just mug the seller.
There will always be another player with money in their pockets which could be yours if you want it bad enough. This is a crime game and there is no honor among thieves. Just check anyone's personal stats. Everyone mugs. So get a piece of that delicious pie before the fat ass next to you grabs another slice...
Now if I really wanted to earn cash? Buy and sell everything. If it has a value someone will want it. Also any form of slutting/reviving will add bonus income along with flower running. Combine all three and move into stocks when you have the capital then learn how to run a company on the side which can earn you even more cash. You'll be rich soon enough if done properly with a lot of persistence.
I just stick to mugging and gambling because I don't care about being rich and Torn simply isn't worth that much of my time anymore spending it trading just to throw cash on an ever growing pile.
Sorry for such a long post. I tend to just zone out and type until I'm bored of typing lol TL;DR: MUG EVERYONE!!!
Personally I'm doing quite well in the bookies won the vast majority of my bets for ages now, got most stock blocks and a few B tucked away just encase :) makes the game quite different to say the least.
Any amount, though I was talking about long term benefits not playing the market, just adds to what you can already make tbh. Playing the buy and sell game takes more than a dedication to earning money, it takes actual time.
oh please , we all gambled at some point , the only difference is that we know how much we can afford to lose....
and to OP , i'm agreed with Beerstein , just try not gambling your income (and believe me , YOU can have one hell of an income) ,
and if that's too hard , try budgeting yourself (ie i'm only allowed to gamble 25% of my total money on hand and if i lost it , then f**k it , there is tomorrow , and if i've doubled it , aces , but again , tomorrow is another day )