Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

FinalEarth

Started by LimeTree [1321200] on in Gaming.

71 replies · 560 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 72 / 72 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Rino_007 [344056]

Very likely. But the question is how will he make a profit on that game? You can't take away the que for training otherwise the game will be unbearable.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

hmm, i don't know why i just don't have much faith about the good advertisement but i hope you're right - i rarely play because i often miss the round start so since you mentioned it i'll give this round a play
LimeTree [1321200]

Back in the day torn was very well advertised, primarily due to voting for points. If he tries he can succeed, assuming people like the game. Tbh when ched eventually pulls the finger out and starts properly advertising this game again I would expect him to do well, the only problem is it will probably take him five years to do it.
Rino_007 [344056]

The only other thing I can think of within the current system is extra money % wise or flat amount , more que space on top of the current system,& picking what side you are on. But that surely isn't worth $5/ a month unless it is grossly better than current system.

Whatever element(s) gets added (for making money) has to be useful to warrant the money but not too powerful that you must have it to win. Maybe it'd be more like a single use action/ item (that has a 1 time use) that costs some resource (similar to points on tc) and give so many 'points' for $5.

Either way it will be interesting to see how he plans on making money from the operation of the game.
Z_junior [247674]

No, there will be no profit on FE. The years of messing about and tossing cash into development have basically sucked any chance of turning the game into a money maker. But maybe, just maybe, through some donations the game can recover part of what's invested in it.

It's really just a project that Ched started ages ago and even tho he treated it more like an illegitimate child that he didn't want anything to do with. But just like Jon Snow, somewhere along the line, it entered all our hearts, and now the loyal fans want to see more so Ched is stepping up to have the game completely finished and released, without any hope that he'll ever make a penny out of it, but to have a satisfaction of creating another game that provides people with some fun.
Rino_007 [344056]

I don't know a game ran with no hope to make money is doomed to go down eventually considering he has to pay staff & maintain the servers. I just hope he strikes a balance that will at least cover his costs for it. The game does seem interesting and it'd be a shame if it ever shuts down due to budget.
mug [553318] Committee Committee

scrolling over points says 'awarded from awards, winning rounds with your team, --> donating <--'



Rino_007 [344056]

Yes. I don't remember the name a few of my buddies outside of torn played it. Edit: This has been probably over 10 years ago.
mug [553318] Committee Committee

Risk, axis and allies - both board games i would say give a small idea of what it's like

basically pick between axis or allies team and work as a team to control important territories mostly oil rig countries to make money for your teams bank. you make money hourly and can train stats, build a mini army and work with your team towards conquering the world and keeping important territories required for your teams success.
Dos-Equis-XX [500173]
A question for all of you, my friends.

When creating an account and choosing a Username, does the Username become your game name?

Or just your account name and you can have a different name in game?

Thanks for your time, my friends.
Rino_007 [344056]

For the round you create the account it is your name I speculate the next round you can change it however. But I've hardly played it. It appears the axis are generally a vastly superior force than the allies despite any in game advantages that the allies may or may not have at the start.
Dos-Equis-XX [500173]
Ahh I see.

Yeah I was wondering if the account system works like Torn.

Because I don't want to create a Username and be stuck with it forever for making a bad choice. [:tired:]
Marsblyr [1721858]

I quit this game after about 5-6 rounds. People started accusing me of using scripts(even after introducing captcha) because I became a Senator just in time for election before Axis could (I always played Axis but my friends asked me to join Allies that specific round). We were winning that round until everyone decided to test that particular round without nukes (after I had bought a ton of nukes for Allies)

I didnt play after that, just logged in once in a while to see if there was progress. I had made a really good friend (he used to be in the top rankers for Axis - not in Z's formation). I am still searching for him. He and his brother were from colorado. Please let me know if you find them.