To everyone who explained everything thank you.
Thanks
Started by TinyTina13 [1835930] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 23
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 36 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 52 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- 513437 [513437]
· 1 likes ·
You can still play just without sending across IP blocks. Not really a big deal IMO. Much rather that than a f**k tonne of cheaters cheating. They can still enjoy the game without your helping hands, presumably you enjoyed yourself …
To everyone who explained everything thank you.
Don't forget your dog.
This prevents people from creating multiple accounts and cheating. It sucks that you can't help family and friends but should have no real effect on your individual gameplay.
Don't attempt to send people anything which are blocked via IP block, this is against the rules
this happens when two players play on a very similar IP - if you wish the IP block to be removed wait 3 months i believe ( could be wrong on length) and it'll be removed automatically if you don't play on a similar IP. This is to counter multis.
"my boyfriend, me, and sister"
translation: my multi, me, and my multi
look i don't even know how to create a multi. i created this for an actual answer from one of the creators not some douche trying to start crap. so if you don't have an actual answer please go on. i don't send my sister stuff but we would like to help my boyfriend. i know many friends who use the same ip and can trade things no problem?
2 people have already given the answer you're looking for. Check Winter and Mat_Senpai's posts. Those are relevant answers
Both me and my wife play on the same ip. My wife in the game is my wife in real life. We had some issues early on with a lockout even though when I first signed up I got permission from staff before my wife created an account to have her play. For some reason they did not have any record of me getting permission for her to do so, although I had the emails in my account saying it was ok from staff they refused to acknowledge they were there, and I spent a week locked out because of it. Nightmare to say the least.
It does suck though that I cant help my wife out with donator packs or anything of the sort. I pay for our PI rental/staff solely from my income because I play much more than her, shes just likes to log in to run plushies, lol. But either way its probably the best its in place to combat the multis in my opinion but it does hinder the enjoyment of legit people who play on the same ip for sure. Either way just accept it if your legit and enjoy the game around the little hindrance.
Easy there tiger, no one tried to start crap, they just tried to have a bit of fun. Besides they gave you a perfectly valid answer to your question.
I don't see it as a hindrance, you're both able to benefit from one player from the rental itself - you're able to join the same company and faction but are simply limited via direct transactions, if you're both active i don't see how being unable to do transactions with one player who already benefits from one another would be that much of an issue.
yes i read their comments and i wasn't referring to them. i was just confused by all this because i know some friends who have no problem with this. like i was telling someone if i have to prove me and him do exist side by side with our computer just leaving my sister out unless necessary i will. as i said i was just confused and wasn't sure how all this worked and wanted an actual creator to talk to.
All players who play on similar networks (IP ranges) will be banned from trading, it's not just a system which aims to focus on "special" players, it literally hits every player who enters the range.
There's nothing you can do but not play on a similar IP range for a number of months and have it lifted or don't and realize the ban will remain.
This whole IP thing is so confusing. I thought it was individual computers itself but someone explained to me that it runs off the wifi connection itself. doesn't fully make sense but enough for me to semi understand. so basically for us to play we need more than one wifi connection box which is pretty pointless so im kicking everyone off so only i can play :P unless im not on here
I was told we can not be in the same faction or company. Not that it really matters, evo wouldnt want her with her level and inactivity, but as far as a company goes i dont see any benefit there anyway... unless I was the director. Yes we share a PI but to be honest that is my burden because I fully pay for it as if I was single in game, because as I said, she is not a super dedicated player. The hindrance comes in with me just not being able to fully interact with my own wife in the way I could other players is all.
You can still play just without sending across IP blocks.
Not really a big deal IMO. Much rather that than a f**k tonne of cheaters cheating. They can still enjoy the game without your helping hands, presumably you enjoyed yourself just fine?
didn't we just beat evo (BC)? - seems a bit odd for them to have high standards when we don't :p
but as far as i'm aware you're able to be in the same faction/company as long as there isn't anything change through their systems however perhaps that has changed, maybe something to ask a staff member over to be 100% sure on.
Also PI upkeep is like 300-400k a day? o.O I spend around 30m a day just on training, 300-400k isn't much even for the poorer player :p
and once again, all it does is block transactions, your wife should be someone you see face to face everyday when possible - surely that's more convenient, perhaps just send a real gift instead of one from torn.. the only reason i could ever see you wanted to give or take something in a non-multi way.
I agree totally its a necessary evil. It's the only way to combat the inevitable multis but sucks in the occasional real situation. Just have to deal with it and have fun!
no no. that is not true. you can be same faction and company.
TO op: it is natural to see same ip (or close ip) coz every wars, i have seen around one or two players i can't attack because of close ip. May be coz from 4G data. I don't even care about it. Even same ip, as long as you don't send stuff (or try to send stuff) u wont be problem
Off topic: IT IS NOT f**kIGN GENERAL DISSCUSSION. gezz. these days, I think we need new missions that teach how to use forum to new players so that they know where to post their posts.
I had some help when starting the game but once I figured it out I have loved it! I just hate I can't share :/ My boyfriend thinks this game is awful because he keeps ending up in jail or the hospital. he has no money, weapons, armor, or anything really. i was just going to give him a weapon or two just to help him start out with something. money i can help direct him when he gets a higher level. i guess it will just have to wait until he saves up enough money to buy points for a bazaar and can travel. it will take him a while if he doesn't give up before then haha.