Is it just me, or has chess been removed from the game? After all that time it spent in development its seemed to have just vanished? Or am I blatantly missing something?
An announcement would have been nice. Not that I care enough, but it's good to know xD
Chess isn't removed, you can still play it if you have the chess URL it was only removed from the casino page.
edit:
http://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=chessGame&step=showgames
i think you lie, you didnt post the URL
i like chess
and waffles
http://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=chess
http://www.torn.com/chess.php
I don't know it?
I don't have the url a player named kuroyukihime does as i played chess with her not that long ago, i'll go ask her for it.
^ master troll???
Yes and it is disappointing because I actually want to play it
chess was a nine year project that lasted less time then me in bed :)
Weird, why was it removed from casino, I wonder?
OCD reasons and for RR
edit: actually it was mentioned in a newspaper post or hinted at during a story that ched was removing a game to replace it with RR
chess is 10x better than RR
Shows how much I pay attention, bloody committee members.
Lazy workshys.
I think the long, long, long, long build up resulted in a way over-stimulated hype.
By the time it finally arrived I was all eager and like HOLY RAINBOW UNICORN TESTICLES CHESS IS AMAZING! I think I was staff at the time and we were helping test it perhaps too?
Then it went live and I quickly remembered that even when I was in my high school Chess club (I was and continue to be extremely cool), I was so bad at Chess they had to buy a special set with the instructions written on gigantic block bases for each piece. Chess = hard = boring. For me anyway!
Torn should work with a small freebie educational chess site that already has a chess server (Protip, there are THOUSANDS) and try to integrate their chess into torn's casino page through some kind of integration such as embedding it into a webpage for chess on the torn server similar to a flash or java game.
Torn city generates a special code for every person, and gives it to you in your settings just like a referral code only more private. Then if you want your profile to carry over onto the other chess server you'd just punch in your code on the embedded window and all your chess stats would be tracked there with your Torn name. This would make it so the other website doesn't have access to your password, and it would make it so Torn city doesn't actually have to make another stupid chess layout from scratch. What this would also do is connect torn city chess players to other players around the world and allow them to play each other for fun.
The only thing I see that would be hard to do would be betting. This would work if it was just for fun. The other website / company benefits from having a higher amount of people playing, and torn city stands to benefit from having another fun thing to do.
It'd be like how Subway Sandwhich stores opened in Walmarts.
Everyone wins. Both companies profit. And the customers don't have to make two trips.
Who reported the post? Lol
Me, to get it graved, I made a post about Chess being removed from the game, when it is in fact still here, just hidden from sight.
I look like a muppet. xD
I never saw it or heard about it until now. I'm not much into chess but I'll vote for it just because this game could have 10 times more stuff and it would just be better all around.
Locking and graving as requested by op