Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Graveyard please

Started by T-Rex [2726] on in Graveyard.

190 replies · 5.84k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 191 / 191 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
191
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
81 / 100
Engagement score
89 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

T-Rex [2726] ×1 Sephiroth [5918] ×1 Faction 7282 ×1 Faction 22732 ×1

T-Rex [2726]

Long story, lots of not real drama. Online friends fighting of silly game we call torn.

I am far from perfect in this mess, my biggest error was to trust someone with a gambling problem. Noso and I had to fix the faction vault for him in the past but he did not lie about it or try to make it look like someone else did it. When I took a long break from torn, I said I was going to try to not come back. Rich was not even in Rawr when I went to leave, I asked him to come back to get someone active that I trusted to run Rawr. But truth is I just wanted Rich back... but it was nice to get away from torn and then real life happened. I even talked about selling the faction and splitting the money with Rawr members. But Rich said time and time again that he was just going to keep Rawr safe for me when I got back and that it was always mine. The whole time I was gone, Rich was given my bank investments to buy xanax for members and to chain if he wanted.

I went to come back a few times and did not like what I saw, Rich was pushing out good members. He claimed no one respected him and they still saw me as leader. He would tell me that I needed to come back and then he would push me away saying that I need to spend time with my family. All in the same day... I would ask for access to stuff in Rawr and he would get mad and say that it took time to give access and that I was not active. I never removed his access when he was to busy or not able to log in for months. But he has his own trust issues and no one had access to any thing when we came back.

The last straw was when Smidget saw that her vault funds were deleted from the forums. She talked with him and said what he wanted to hear and after about a week he added her funds back to the forum but the vault was short. He did win in the casino and dropped 10 bil... that fixed the vault but his greed got the best of him and the vault went from 17 or 18 bil to just under 8 bil in a matter of days. Since her money was in the forums I told her to ask the co leader to send it to her before she did not have money. She had the most to lose and the one person in torn I can't help as she is my wife. We stayed for a few days after she got her money but it was clear that Rich was pissed that he did not have her money to gamble with to try and win it all back with. I never asked for Rawr back, I asked how bad it was and if he needed help paying back what he owed the vault. He told me where to stick the faction and said I would never get it back. He later offered me co leader but still would not talk about what he did with the vault or that he was going to pay it back. Just went off on me about how I never said hello and now I am trying to take over. Even before we left Rich was saying that he could make it look like we scammed Rawr but he has no leg to stand on. If I was leader I would have kicked him for the crap he pulled but he had the faction and made it clear he was not going to give it back so we left.

Rich was not even playing torn when I started Rawr. The name and group came from another game we played. Rich did play the other game but not in Rawr and not even when we were all active there with Rawr. I thought he was someone else but that part does not really matter. He later joined Rawr when he saw us talking on the other game's irc about torn. He was not even active for over a year when he started. He did work his way into Rawr leadership and was part of our 3 way cash/faction share. His chaining shows how hard he works and cares for Rawr but what you don't see is all the people that left over some thing he said or did. I always backed him up even when he went after my wife (smidget). I told her he was just drunk and he did not mean what he said. Rich did try to make up with her but it was never the same but she stayed for me.

Sadly now Rich will not even sell me Rawr, so yes I made a new faction and no... we are still not set on a name but for now we go Rawr! What makes me the most mad about all of it, not the years put into Rawr.... but the friends in the middle. I am grateful of the factions and players that have helped us. Please don't war them unless you were going to anyways, it wont help.
Thank you,
T-Rex
Blexi [1458703]

Sorry to hear that :(

It's the members that make the faction though, not the specials.
Hope you guys can rebuild it though (and perhaps into more of a warring faction than the RAWR of the past 2 years)
T-Rex [2726]

Online friends fighting of silly game we call torn.

***meant*** Online friends fighting over a silly game we call torn.



Smidget [1385446]

I'm just glad he took the BS he had on his profile off. Maybe I should take "my side" off since I don't have to defend against his profile anymore.

We have some RAWR members who came to join us and understandably some didn't want to give up what they already worked so hard for and went to other factions with good specials (and good people!). The original RAWR looks like it'll be more or less a new faction and should take some time before they actually war - not that they really need to war to gain specials (which is sad imo).

Rich complained to me about how he thought the RAWR name brought the faction down. "It's so 1999" "heavily restricts our ability to attract a lot of good active smart players." Hope he changes the name.

As anyone can tell I'm still a bit salty over the whole thing. I have high hopes for the new Rawr! Though I still hold out a tinie tiny bit of hope that somehow Rich will come to his senses and just give RAWR back to Josh. Just sucks that members who have already worked so hard to gain what they had now need to work even harder to gain it back. :'(
Confusion [658870]

Scamming faction members is the worst to me, i mean scamming is terrible already but nothing sucks more than betraying the trust of your faction members and friends.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

I like to imagine that in BC this would never be an issue, it's sad when someone values pixels over people. He'll gamble it all and have no money and no people so ultimately he'll have nothing. This game it's rather easy to make money - spend a month or two in stocks and you can swap 2b into 10b rather easily.. the fact you need to take money and restrict others is rather scummish and I'm this that's the point of this thread.. Rich is scum and everyone should know about it.
Smidget [1385446]

idk I have a hard time considering it plain old scamming. He should've asked to use any faction member cash for gambling, but in his mind I'm sure he thought he would be able to pay it back 100%. He made bad judgment calls and I don't think he saw it as stealing RAWR from T-Rex or even considered the possibility of not being able to cover what he used. It's all in whatever he was thinking in his head. Personally, I think if he could do it all over he would have made different choices. It was most definitely a betrayal
Jared- [1897004]

About time you put your side of the story out there and the truth Josh.. 1+


What he been displaying on his profile over the last week or 2 as been nothing but fiction and slander