Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Civilization V

Started by Thrail_Foston [1881665] on in Gaming.

14 replies · 69 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
Halana [1693925]

My step-son just got me in to that. I haven't played it much yet but it looks like a good game but civilization beyond earth looks more fun to me.
Thrail_Foston [1881665]

Civilization Beyond Earth is a bit of a complicated game, lol it's hard to understand, I would choose Civ V over Civ Beyond Earth just because of the simplicity, technology, and diplomacy values.


Danny [12503]

Really? I heard it the other way around. I haven't played Beyond Earth, but from everyone I have talked to they have said it's far too simple and missing a lot to be interesting, with only 2 real viable play styles to go with.
SeaLion [250755]

Civ 5 is the same thing as Beyond Earth, except Civ 5 is a good game. Beyond Earth was a shitty reskin of a great game. I guess if you like space over game play it is close enough.
Thrail_Foston [1881665]

I agree with that too. I believe that Civilization: Beyonf Earth can become a great game, it just isn't one atm. One downfall of Civ V I think I'd that all the good DLC is compatible with only the BNW expansion, I got the gold edition, thinking it has both BNW and G&K, but it only had G&K, still a great expansion, but BNW is better in many ways.
Dfliz [1539090]

Beyond Earth introduce some new concept about the game. But I m still used to play Civ V so not really into Civ BE yet.
Agent_008 [1923611]

I've never seen any Civ game as confusing, though Civ 4 may have been any harder for me to understand, I soon got the hang of it. Then Civ V came out with more user-friendly stuff and I got hooked on that. I think Civilization V is one of the best games for me lol. Though the multiplayer is hard because everybody wants to create their own game and never wants to join others' games. Along with not many people even go to multiplayer.
DrZed [237786]

I did not like Civilization V That much when I first played it and switched back to IV. Though It is better the more times I have played it. Though I would like there to be more stuff of the diplomacy end than their usually is. The city states do a little bit but I would like there to be more. Like you can see why other countries went to war and look at the history of the troubles and more like trying to deceive other countries and just more with interacting with them.
Though I did not get any expansion packs for V, I did have beyond the sword for IV which put in spies and some other technologies.