Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

War Thunder

Started by MegaChintz [1770536] on in Gaming.

9 replies · 55 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
MegaChintz [1770536]

Anyone playing this & up for some PVP Tank and Air warfare action?


Its a free PVP, you can also access the game from Steam.


War Thunder - come join me! (If you register from my link you will receive an extra 50 Golden Eagles to get going)



My Rig is not the latest spec, but yet it runs pretty smoothly- you don't have to spend anything on in game extras to have a good time- the core elements are all there, but premium content is also available.


If you are a bit of a WW2 Buff it should be right up your street.

MC
Beerstein [1322136]

Star Conflict (same shitty publisher way better developers) is WAY better. Space themed but same thing. The game is actually so good it'll piss you off that they don't advertise better.
Beerstein [1322136]

Honestly I can't find a single p2w element in Star Conflict, it also doesn't lean on "historical accuracy" as an excuse for horrible balance the way WT does.
MegaChintz [1770536]

Having played for a while now, I have noted the fact there's a difference for non paying accounts.

Despite this I still reccomend highly- don't believe you will get owned in every battle if you just have a free account- I've done well in a good few rounds.

Great fun.


MegaChintz [1770536]

What joystick hardware do you have? I've been looking at upgrading from mouse controls- my old (but reliable) sidewinder pro results in loss of control and does not seem to be supported in this game :-(
Miller [238240]

My first joystick was the Logitech Extreme 3D. I bought it for Elite Dangerous.
Probably one of the best $30 I spent, tremendous fun.

Later I bought the CH Pro Throttle to have a proper HOTAS setup. It is a bit expensive but very good.
I needed more precise control and button so I tried out the Saitek X55 joystick but it is too big for me.

I then bought the Thrustmaster T16000m for the stick. It is less than $50 but has the same sensor of the $300+ one.
I'm very picky but now pretty happy with my setup :)