Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fallout thread.

Started by LuigiMangione [1870934] on in Gaming.

135 replies · 912 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 136 / 136 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Miss_Lolly [1904395]

first of your name is amazing, so i love you

and second they are working on a fall out 4
last time i read up on it, its based in boston? i wanna say boston



Miss_Lolly [1904395]

on a different note


new Vegas is just so massive, there's a million ways to go with it without even scratching the main story line
and that just boggles my mind i love it :)
Bethesda has always been and will always be my favorite game developers

fallout 3 is pretty good as well, its just so short :/
never played the first two so i don't have much of an opinion on those...even though they are referenced quite a bit throughout the later games
MashiroShiina [1894363]

I have a grudge against Bethesda, actually against Zenimax that owns Bethesda, about them making CaptainSparklez change the name of his Android/iOS app that was more of the Angry Birds style of game from Fortress Fallout to Fortress Fury just because they didn't like that he used "Fallout" in the name.

Aside from that, I enjoyed the challenges presented in Oblivion's lockpicking and speechcraft systems and I thought the addition of semi-intelligent super-mutants, nightkin, and super mutant radio were lovely for Fallout: New Vegas. I'd love to see an international version of Fallout to see what was happening in other post-apocalyptic areas of the world like China or Europe. I can't help but feel like Africa would rise up to be the next world superpower. They've been so behind and enslaved that if you subscribe to the way of equivalent exchange, it's only fair that they get a turn.

Also, when I played Fallout: New Vegas with my ex, neither he nor I could get past cazadors. I have no idea, but since I'm mortally afraid of insects (and arachnaphobic to an extreme) I haven't played it again nor have I really made any effort to find out how to beat them or where to get massive amounts of antivenom. :/
Miss_Lolly [1904395]

what level where you when you tried to get past the cazadors?
when you where trying to get to new vegas?
honestly...its just best to avoid them...at all costs
winged death they are...

Oblivions/Skyrims lockpick system is really amazing, i like how they went from the tumblers to just the key and pick

i really think they should make a fallout where you can choose races
say
nightkin
super mutant
ghould
human
child
that sort of thing, i think it would give a more in depth story line :)

i agree with the international gaming as well
im biased to England myself (my fiance being the cute little crumpet he is)
but Africa does deserve its due :)


LuigiMangione [1870934]

Why is there so much arguing about 3 or NV? They're both good, and they both have unique traits. You can buy them used for $5 at a game store (I got FO3 at a yard sale for $1). Play them both. NV has a cool faction system, FO3 has cool weapons and technology.
Samorost [1655145]

3 was ok. I enjoyed the beginning growing up in the vault, after that it was boring, it was just an onslaught of darkness, ghouls, super mutants and Enclave. And, story was a bit dull too. However I did enjoy the Point Lookout & Operation Anchorage DLC. (Think they were the names its been a few years) The Pitt was a bit short but still ok and I wasnt too keen on Mothership Zeta. And the Broken Steel quests were good too. And to be honest I probably encountered more bugs on this than on NV.

New Vegas I love it. I complete it over and over again and always come back for another playthrough. A bit slow to begin with but I just love the story and gameplay, and theres a variety of people, enemies, and quests to encounter, its a true wasteland! Ive played it so much I only need one achievement and Ive got them all. I enjoyed the Zion Canyon and Divide add ons, Sierra Madre was creepy and pretty difficult to begin with, and that one with the robots was annoying so I did that once and never again. And there werent many bugs on mine, you just gotta have multiple saves and back track incase something goes wrong.
A_Crazy_Man [524028]

Loved all fallout games except that pile of crap on the ps2.

Fallout 3 melted my ps3, I got YLOD in the end.

Fallout 3 GOTY edition ran horrible on my new ps3, when the saves started hitting 9-10mb the game would freeze up, 2fps, crashing in certain places, it was annoying.

Fallout NV, game ran ok, no issues till I got the GOTY edition, same as before, save files start getting big...

Same thing happened with Skyrim for me.

Would I purchase them again? Hell yeah and I'd get the GOTY editions as well :D

I'd like to see these games released on the ps4, just as they were would be fine. Pretty sure the ps4 could handle it, the ps3 just couldn't do big games for me.

My fav fallout, the first :D
ANGRYHAWK [1828307]

I love fallout three even though I find myself playing NV more for some reason. Also if you want mods and stuff I recommend gopher and alchestbreach on YouTube they play through mods gopher is still on a moded fallout series and alchestbreach does his fallout every Friday.
Miss_Lolly [1904395]

ok soooo after the bombs fell...all woodland life was wiped out....so there wouldnt be any trees...or water...or well maybe like a mutant jaguar thing....but it wouldnt be a forest anymore
Pinkie [1886343]

Well who said the bomb hit all the woodlands? Chances are at least some would survive and mutate from radiation for nearby or far off explosions.