The past 4 days, I have been continually put on bounty. 10 at a time, as one or two are used, they are immediately replaced once player X logs on. Friends have bought off the bounties, they are immediately replaced. This has literally killed the game for me. I cannot do much of anything cause I get attacked and put back in the hospital. Soon my med cooldown is sky high so I get to sit and wait. This is literally not fair and should not be allowed. I mouthed off to the player in an email. Not a huge deal, but the situation is entirely my fault. I don't deny that. Why the situation exists shouldn't be the issue. The issue is a player being put in the position of not being able to play, or another player having the ability to do this to a player to begin with.
There needs to be a limit on bounties. Something like 15 a day or 50 a week type of thing. No one player should have the ability to ruin the game for another player, like has been done to me. The one putting bounties on me has gone absolutely batshit insane regarding this. I have apologized to him, he has been sent a DP asking him to stop, nothing works. I had to sell my company because of him. I couldn't operate it from the hospital......
I haven't yet decided if I will outright quit or reset. But as of right now, this game is absolutely no fun.
I agree that it can ruin the game for some players. There's a lot of cases which come to me from players who want to quit or restart due to bounties been placed on them continuously. They think for some reason it's against the rules but it isn't.
The way I see it, if you piss someone off, If you scam, make a fool of yourself in the chats or forums ect expect to be bountied. Generally players will get bored and stop after a few days unless you've done something serious like scam a faction bank or whatever.
I wouldn't say no if there was a limit but you reap what you sow...
Half of these I received when I had nub stats (like 1m). While they do inconvenience you a little bit when in serious wars and when mugging due to the med cd, they literally do nothing at all if you're just training. Everyone gets bored of bountying eventually anyway, so spend a few days or weeks only morphing to train and do crimes - hell even travel if you want just be online when you land. It's really not a serious problem at all unless you can't afford morphine, in which case LOL. Buy a DP, ask nicely in chat (most people will give away a couple morph, being stuck in hospital isnt an issue these days).
So all in all, bounties are actually rather ineffective and should definitely not be nerfed.
You literally cannot be stopped from playing by bounties, all you have to do is med out when you have energy and you will have plenty of time to do what you need to.
you probably did something really bad to deserve it. just saying
Bounties are annoying, but that's the idea. I have been permabountied for a few weeks and decided to only leave the hospital to travel {they can't hut you while in the air ;) } and to train.
Bounties do ruin the game for some players, but as soon as you're the one with the larger wallet you'll learn to love them.
Also, since it seems you'll be bountied for a while longer do consider they might get you some free defends and help you get your '25,000 medical items used' merit. So it's not all bad.
Some of you are missing the point and maybe I didn't explain enough.....The point that seems to be missed is that because of the bounties my business suffered. I started an adult novelties business from the ground up. With me in the hospital, I could not buy/trade/sell as I normally would. The business is was not profitable to run on its own without me doing that,.
As for what I did, as I said in the first post, I mouth in an email (actually two) You can try to ask the person doing it, it should be pretty easy for you to find. Be warned though, my friend asked him what could be done to fix the problem, he said nothing and started bountying my friend!
We're not missing the point you just seem to think that bounties shouldn't inconvenience you in any way, which is dumb. Good luck on your venture to have them removed, it will not stop anyone from paying people to hosp you. In fact, it was people paying others to hosp players that led to the bounty system.
PS: People that bounty other players like to drink their tears, you'll find the more you complain that they are unfair the more you will be bountied. Good luck!
You did something and somebody bountied you and you can't handle that but that doesn't make this a good idea for the game
Lesson in torn
Dont mouth off until either -
Your stats are high enough that you get free defends all day
or
Your level is so high that it costs the bounty placer a fortune every day
still havent heard why a high level would keep you maxed?
Not trying to get them removed......that was tried and failed......I am most likely quitting the game. I tend to think though, most of the people being negative are some of the ones that like the idea of getting a player to quit the game and/or have done it in the past. Que Sera Sera. I just think it is wrong for one player to have that kind of power over another. An inconvenience if for a couple days.........
Have your friends claim the bounties, split the profits, treat it as free money from your bountier. Lay low, only med out to train. Travel, save money, move on when he gets irked by another nub and forgets about you.
Anyway you sound like a smart person, unlike most of the people that end up in your situation. So don't let this make you quit.
I mouthed off in email.....One I said "All you are doing is driving the xanax price down which hurts everyone. Quit trying to undercut me. You cannot compete with someone that has over 450 xanax in possession. You can lay off the mugging as well. Yes, once in a while you get lucky and get some chump change, but realistically it isn't worth the energy used for the 0 muggings is it........", his reply was "blah blah blah ,wah wah wah STFU". The second email I sent was "Well, here is another way to look at it...one of us made over 100M last night alone, the other made no where near that much and needs to mug/attack people 50+ levels below to make himself feel good.....Which one are you? lmmfao" That is when the permabounties started
Cool man, can I have your money and items?
It's not difficult to trade while in the hospital. You can easily buy/sell via trade chat with bounties on you.
As for you not being able to play the game with bounties; learn. Med out when you need to train/do crimes, other than that, enjoy the mug free trading of the hospital
most bountiers stop after a week.. we lose interest in the constant squeaking. So rather than complaining, whining and ragequitting, why not apologise in a formal manner thru a pm?
if a few days bounties have affected you that much, maybe torn isnt for you
and trading in hosp is a great way of NOT getting mugged when selling high value items
read two posts up from where you stated that.....
yeah we were both typing at once...lol
You just picked up one of my bounties, isn't that enough? As for anything else, it has already been given or promised to others