Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Personal Stat Graphs

Started by YNMK [1877410] on in Bugs & Issues.

11 replies · 150 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

YNMK [1877410]

For inactive players, the graphs don't show up properly.

Now, I understand the part where stats before a date, let's say 2010, were not recorded and stuff.

That I don't mind.

But supposedly an inactive player had 700 losses before Jan 2010, and has gained another 70 since then, at least those 70 should show up starting from 700 on the graph.

If I want to know how many times a player has been attacked recently, there should be a way to see it through the graph, but sadly it doesn't work for inactive players.
YNMK [1877410]

I guess what I said was pretty messed up. Wait, I'll be more precise.

The graph tracks the exact changes in the personal stats.

For example, if I have 1500 defends and I get 10 today, when the graph is updated in a few hours and I check it the next day, it will show on the graph that on the previous day dd/yy/mm my defends hit 1510 from 1500 on the graph.


Now, this data is not available for everyone before a specific date, which in my case I assumed to be 2010. But the total number of losses till 2010 is available. It just doesn't have daily or monthly tracking before 2010.

Now, what I'm saying is, fine, just show a straight horizontal line at 700 till the day it started recording day-to-day and after that show day-to-day increase in the graph.

So basically, if the graphs were released on Jan 1, 2010, till Jan 1, on the graph, it will be a straight line on the losses accumulated till Jan 1 because they don't know on which day how many losses I got.

But after that, the graph should update statistically depending on the day-to-day change.


As of now, people can view the graphs of new players like me, because when I joined, the system was already in place since long.

But if I try to view the graph of someone who is 2000 days old and has been inactive since 40 days, his losses show as 0 consistently.
Yaz [1575994]

I've noticed this couple of weeks ago, but didn't make a big deal out of it.

Have a look at this guy's graph for defends lost for example: torn.com/personalstats.php?ID=1797716


For some reason, the graph stops updating after a short period of inactivity (After about 15 days of inactivity or so).

It updates again when they log back on though. So possibly this is not a bug, just a way for reducing the load on the server maybe?
It can be an inconvenience for "stalking" purposes however.
YNMK [1877410]

At least it's stuck on 22 lol, the ones I see are all stuck on 0.

And yep, I've got decent stalking capabilities.

If you want to know if an inactive has been attacked recently or has had anything sold from his bazaar, it's a pain.
Yaz [1575994]

Don't "stalk" the example I've posted. Not worth it anymore :P

The amount the graph gets stuck at, differs from one player to another for some reason. I've seen some stuck at 0.

You can notice the guy in my example how his graph jumps from 0 to 17 on the 3rd of May (That was the time of him logging on last time after inactivity, and his stats updating at once).
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Graphs only work for active players, because updating the graphs for all 500,000 players is far too much data to record. It's also rarely needed because only a few stats can increase for inactive players.

Perhaps we should totally disable the graph for users who are inactive.
Yaz [1575994]

Just as I thought.

But this can be an issue for people who track mug targets (Specifically the "defends lost" stat, because of mug protection thing). Is it not possible to maybe record only certain stat/s for the graph, for said inactive users?
YNMK [1877410]

Okay. And yeah can what Yaz said be done?

Because it would hardly be a few stats to be recorded then:

All Criminal offenses, drugs taken, playing stats, refills and attacking stats would be removed along with jail and stuff.

Only defends and bazaar income would remain.